Should the in-state rival forum show on the front page?

• Total voters

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Do guys think there is a hawk message board out there right now that's having a huge debate about keeping so many clone posters off the front page?
Maybe we should start doing that to hawk boards, and see what happens?

Cylax51

Apr 8, 2009
Lisbon, IA
I know that most Clone fans on this board would love to talk about anything but the hawks but that can't be accomplished as things are currently.

I'll agree with this for the most part, I do prefer to talk about the things that are going on at ISU, but there are times when I am looking for a heated discussion about the criminal cover up and other inflamatory subjects.

I am not for banning Iowa fans from this site, that would be WAY too far imo. I am simply for keeping it off the front page, specifically times like this where the sporting news is SLOW and the in-state section gets pretty active. 7 hawk posts on the front is not the best face to put out for visitors or prospective members.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Iowa sucked back then, so yeah, I can see why Majors and/or Bruce could care less about Iowa. But then again....

...Let's reverse that thinking. Fry admitted in an interview that the two things he needed to establish when he got to Iowa was to:

1). He wanted to get the players on his team to start feeling better about themselves and build up their confidence.

2). He wanted to BEAT IOWA STATE to get a firm death grip on the instate recruiting. You've got to admit that he did that.

So, it could be that in a lot of ways ISU is the reason why Iowa is so good.
Iowa State had the prime opportunity to be "the team" in Iowa. School administrators back then blew it at every turn with poor decisions (i.e., hiring Donnie Duncan instead of keeping their word to John Cooper; hiring Jim Criner instead of John Cooper; not giving Walden any kind of support).

So the renewel of the Iowa State-Iowa football series has nothing to do with the direction the ISU football program went. I submit, however, it had a great deal to do with the direction the Iowa football program went.

Admit it? I already made the same point in a previous post.

I agree with everything you've stated. The trajectories were set on the ISU side by a bumbling administration and on the Iowa side by Hayden Fry. But I still hold the opinion that the series is of basically no value to us. We're not beating Iowa for recruits even though we're beating them on the football field. We're wasting our time in IC when we could be in south Florida or Califronia somewhere showing off our program. The only way to get the top state of Iowa recruits is to consistently win in the B12, the Iowa Hawkeyes can't help us with this.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I'll agree with this for the most part, I do prefer to talk about the things that are going on at ISU, but there are times when I am looking for a heated discussion about the criminal cover up and other inflamatory subjects.

I am not for banning Iowa fans from this site, that would be WAY too far imo. I am simply for keeping it off the front page, specifically times like this where the sporting news is SLOW and the in-state section gets pretty active. 7 hawk posts on the front is not the best face to put out for visitors or prospective members.

I totally agree. I am not saying ban all hawks at all. I am just saying that maybe things need to be a little more strictly enforced when it comes to them derailing threads with hawk trash talk outside of the Instate Rivals forum. It happens daily and if you read THH just a few posts back he admits to taking great pleasure from trying to ruin the CF experience for Clone fans. I am fortunate because I could give a rip what THH has to say about me. Doesn't bother me a bit but for others on here it does bother them and that in turn bothers me. I took no pleasure in writing that previous post (other then the great amount of positive rep). I just read some posts on this thread about Clone fans leaving CF because of hawk fans disrupting everything and then watched him flame a guy for asking an innocent question and it just struck a nerve with me.

For most of you that know I would rather be posting in the greatest Social Group on CF..... The Friday Thread Group (hosted by the 97 Franklin County Fair Queen :jimlad:)

Cylax51

Apr 8, 2009
Lisbon, IA
I totally agree. I am not saying ban all hawks at all. I am just saying that maybe things need to be a little more strictly enforced when it comes to them derailing threads with hawk trash talk outside of the Instate Rivals forum. It happens daily and if you read THH just a few posts back he admits to taking great pleasure from trying to ruin the CF experience for Clone fans. I am fortunate because I could give a rip what THH has to say about me. Doesn't bother me a bit but for others on here it does bother them and that in turn bothers me. I took no pleasure in writing that previous post (other then the great amount of positive rep). I just read some posts on this thread about Clone fans leaving CF because of hawk fans disrupting everything and then watched him flame a guy for asking an innocent question and it just struck a nerve with me.

For most of you that know I would rather be posting in the greatest Social Group on CF..... The Friday Thread Group (hosted by the 97 Franklin County Fair Queen :jimlad:)

You were not saying to ban hawks, others were.

While I do not share your same opinion on THH I do feel there are others that would fit the description you gave of him.

Just joined the friday thread group, been off it for a couple weeks now, but now back on board.

hopefully we can figure something out for this, I hate for a few good hawk fans to lose out becasue of some other d-bags stiring the pot too often.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
78 - I said I take pleasure in ruining it for you. It's pretty obvious that I got under your skin, and fairly easily.

The post you read about Clone fans leaving or not signing up was one that you wrote.

You don't like me? Put me on ignore, or skip what I have to say. I really don't care.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Oh man! Someone get on the horn ASAP, this thread needs help!!

waaambulance.jpg

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
There have been several times that I've been fed up with the hawk prattle on this site and considered not visiting it again.

78 - I said I take pleasure in ruining it for you. It's pretty obvious that I got under your skin, and fairly easily.

The post you read about Clone fans leaving or not signing up was one that you wrote.

You don't like me? Put me on ignore, or skip what I have to say. I really don't care.

You don't ruin this for me at all. The vast majority of my time on CF is spent in the Social Group as well as the ISU football forum. Yes... you did get under my skin. You got under my skin by being an ******* to other CF members. Like I said.... I don't care what you want to post about me but when you attack other members who did nothing but ask a question.... that pisses me off. When members on this board talk about leaving or already have left because of hawks it pisses me off.

There is one thing that we can all agree on and that is this site was developed for Cyclone fans so if that means Jeremy has to round up the hawks and give them all the boot then so be it.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I agree with everything you've stated. The trajectories were set on the ISU side by a bumbling administration and on the Iowa side by Hayden Fry. But I still hold the opinion that the series is of basically no value to us. We're not beating Iowa for recruits even though we're beating them on the football field. We're wasting our time in IC when we could be in south Florida or Califronia somewhere showing off our program. The only way to get the top state of Iowa recruits is to consistently win in the B12, the Iowa Hawkeyes can't help us with this.

We may have to agree to disagree on this issue. Consistently winning period can help us bring in instate recruits -- that includes beating up on our eastern instate rival.

Well this thread is already 10+ pages of garbage, I thougth I'd just pile on.

I take umbrage at that statement. I think weR138 and I have had a pretty good exchange without getting nasty or spew a lot of garbage at each other -- even if we do disagree.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Well this thread is already 10+ pages of garbage, I thougth I'd just pile on.

Actually it is 10+ pages of a thread started by a mod with the intention of making the CF experience more enjoyable for those that it was created for....... Wait for it........ Wait for it...........

Cyclone fans.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

You don't ruin this for me at all. The vast majority of my time on CF is spent in the Social Group as well as the ISU football forum. Yes... you did get under my skin. You got under my skin by being an ******* to other CF members. Like I said.... I don't care what you want to post about me but when you attack other members who did nothing but ask a question.... that pisses me off. When members on this board talk about leaving or already have left because of hawks it pisses me off.

There is one thing that we can all agree on and that is this site was developed for Cyclone fans so if that means Jeremy has to round up the hawks and give them all the boot then so be it.

However, I do laugh at his escalator guy. I did the same thing as this old dude. My shoe laces got caught somehow and I sort of rolled all the way up to the top of the escalator - looked a little like those hot dogs rolling on a rotating grill at the Quick Trip. People clapped when I reached the top.

Last edited: