Should the in-state rival forum show on the front page?

• Total voters

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
So you want what? No threads on the front page? :smile:

ha ha ha.. yeah, it seems most of the the threads end up in some kind of back and forth between like 3 or 4 people. Maybe once a thread of "nonsense" reaches 100 posts, take it off the front page, that should be enough time for another one to start up and take it's place.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
ha ha ha.. yeah, it seems most of the the threads end up in some kind of back and forth between like 3 or 4 people. Maybe once a thread of "nonsense" reaches 100 posts, take it off the front page, that should be enough time for another one to start up and take it's place.
If In-State Rivals was taken off the front page, you'd still have the same flame wars. The Friday stuff got put behind closed doors and it still happens...just now everyday.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
I blame this all on Jeremy for starting such a cool Cyclone site that Hawk fans can't resist its allure.

Cylax51

Apr 8, 2009
Lisbon, IA
After reading through this I am now for keeping them off the main page. I wasnt always, but the last two weeks have been horrible.

Yes, I enjoy reading them and sometimes get caught up in them. however; i do not think the best face for CF is a main page that is half covered in threads on the rival. I enjoy the criminal posts as much as the next guy, and yes I did start one of them. But the backup running back one that was started for our (cyclone fan's) information was the one that put me over the top. I may be biased because I am overwhelmed with hawk-aganda over here, but CF was the one place i could get away from it, or at least make it my own choice to read it or not. Now, it is everywhere.

Maybe when fall gets here things will be back to normal, but right now I do not feel it is in the best interest of CF to have the front page clogged with in-state trash talk, SOME of which is started by trolls looking for an arguement.

Heck just look at this thread, we are now talking about canceling the ISU-Iowa series and who is the bigger instagator 78' or THH.

Anyway, there is my long winded opinion

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Do guys think there is a hawk message board out there right now that's having a huge debate about keeping so many clone posters off the front page?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Never said JM or EB didn't want to play Iowa or suggested that they would then or would now share my opinion on the series. As far as not caring, I find it hard to believe that Johnny Majors gave ANY thought to what the the Iowa Hawkeyes were doing since they weren't on the schedule. Similarly I doubt Earle Bruce cared vey much about Iowa in the years he didn't play them.

I think that an inextricable linkage to Iowa (or any other non conference team) is fundamentally bad for ISU. Our recent success vs. Iowa hasn't yielded a majority of top in-state recruits. Only winning the B12N (or contending to) on a consistent basis will change this and the Iowa Hawkeyes have absolutely no bearing on our performance in the B12.

Iowa sucked back then, so yeah, I can see why Majors and/or Bruce could care less about Iowa. But then again....

...Let's reverse that thinking. Fry admitted in an interview that the two things he needed to establish when he got to Iowa was to:

1). He wanted to get the players on his team to start feeling better about themselves and build up their confidence.

2). He wanted to BEAT IOWA STATE to get a firm death grip on the instate recruiting. You've got to admit that he did that.

So, it could be that in a lot of ways ISU is the reason why Iowa is so good.
Iowa State had the prime opportunity to be "the team" in Iowa. School administrators back then blew it at every turn with poor decisions (i.e., hiring Donnie Duncan instead of keeping their word to John Cooper; hiring Jim Criner instead of John Cooper; not giving Walden any kind of support).

So the renewel of the Iowa State-Iowa football series has nothing to do with the direction the ISU football program went. I submit, however, it had a great deal to do with the direction the Iowa football program went.

Last edited:

Cylax51

Apr 8, 2009
Lisbon, IA
Do guys think there is a hawk message board out there right now that's having a huge debate about keeping so many clone posters off the front page?

Nope, not a chance in hell-o

There are a FEW decent hawk posters on here, but for everyone of the them there are two or three that I can not stand.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Doubtful, the debate is probably more like "What will get you drunker quicker - Scope or Listerine?" Or "What's the best place to get laid - Metrodome ****er or Kinnick ****er?"

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Heck just look at this thread, we are now talking about canceling the ISU-Iowa series and who is the bigger instagator 78' or THH.

Not really. I only decided to make my post because I get sick of THH flaming people for no reason. This is a Cyclone sight and most of us wouldn't mind the hawk fans on here if they didn't try to destroy every single thread. Cyclone fans don't have much love for the hawks, don't need 57 threads about who the hawks signed, how "Roy Marble Jr. is going to be the hawks saviour", how ISU fans shouldn't be posting pics of Ed Podolak drunkenly molesting women, how ISU fans shouldn't be concerned about all of the criminal activity at the U of I and obvious cover-ups, etc..... (I could go on all day).

I know that most Clone fans on this board would love to talk about anything but the hawks but that can't be accomplished as things are currently.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
The way this thread has deteriorated is a perfect example of why I don't want to see it, or something like it dominating the top 10 threads typically on the in-state rivals board. But, the people who are going to post this stuff, aren't going to stop with the in-state rivals board. If they want to cause trouble, they will just do it on a forum that is on the big board.

I think it really comes down to case by case basis with the user. If they are know to cause trouble put them on the warning track out of here. But, what you can not expect out of the Cyclone faithful is allowing Hawkeye fans to start a fight and not have someone defend it.

Reactions: DaddyMac

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I think its kind of funny to poll this place...take action one way or the other. We didnt take a poll on "No hot chic pictures" No matter what people are going to complain, but to let it hang out there just causes more ******* matches. Just make a decision, its not that hard

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The way this thread has deteriorated is a perfect example of why I don't want to see it, or something like it dominating the top 10 threads typically on the in-state rivals board. But, the people who are going to post this stuff, aren't going to stop with the in-state rivals board. If they want to cause trouble, they will just do it on a forum that is on the big board.
Not necessarily true. Friday Thread participants have our own little nook now and don't go out of our way to tick people off on the main board...

We've got our own little nook. We're relatively happy. People that were complaining that thread was on the front page now don't have to worry about it. They're happy.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Not necessarily true. Friday Thread participants have our own little nook now and don't go out of our way to tick people off on the main board...

We don't talk about the Friday Thread group on the main board, BECKY!