Should the in-state rival forum show on the front page?

• Total voters

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
You'll figure it out eventually, 78.

Let me put your ego in check for a second here....

Your opinion isn't fact. You run around here raining crap on everyone's posts if they don't fall right in line with your opinions. It doesn't matter if someone proves you wrong because in your warped little mind you are always right. You obviously have a vastly over inflated ego that just won't allow you to ever admit that you are wrong. The vast majority of the Cyclone fans who post in any thread about the hawks do so just to irritate you specifically because you consistently take up the futile effort of trying to always prove you are right or in some sick way think you will convert or make ISU fans feel like Iowa is far superior. Just yesterday a guy posts a question about Iowa OL injuries and you come back with some sarcastic smartass response... Why? There was no reason for it at all except for you to prove once again that your only purpose on here is to be a disruptive ******* to the Cyclone fans that come on here for some information. If you only knew how many members of this board have left because you throw your hawk garbage around I think you would be shocked. God... we can't even have a thread in the ISU football forum without one of you hawk trolls coming in there to flame people and mix it up. You should be proud that you take the enjoyment out of visiting CF for so many since that without a doubt is your goal. Hope your happy.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Why would this be a disaster? So Johnny Majors and Earle Bruce had a loser mentality?

Your comment about joining the MAC is totally nonsensical. Not playing Iowa and replacing them on the schedule with a different BCS school has no bearing on ISU's performance in the B12.

You got your history wrong. It's not that Majors or Bruce DIDN'T want to play Iowa or "didn't care" about playing Iowa, it's that Iowa didn't want to schedule any games with Iowa State. Iowa ended the series in the late 1930s and didn't want to renew it. It took the Iowa Legislature to renew the series.

And even then Bruce had fun with it. The first game of the renewed series, Bruce had "Beat Iowa" put across the front of the ISU players' jerseys. And guess what? Iowa State, favored to win, LOST.

So, you heard it here first. Bruce jinxed Iowa State.:jimlad:

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Can we get the Site Feedback and Support Forum off the front page? No one wants to read this garbage.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Wow, I disappear for awhile and come back to an epic ******* match, awesome.

Getting involved in a ******* match was not my intent. Unfortunately I just didn't want to sit back and let another hawk fan go unchecked when consistently just being an *** to people who were in no way being an *** to them. Hell.... these people were just asking questions and he just jumped at the chance to run his mouth to them.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Let me put your ego in check for a second here....

Your opinion isn't fact. You run around here raining crap on everyone's posts if they don't fall right in line with your opinions. It doesn't matter if someone proves you wrong because in your warped little mind you are always right. You obviously have a vastly over inflated ego that just won't allow you to ever admit that you are wrong. The vast majority of the Cyclone fans who post in any thread about the hawks do so just to irritate you specifically because you consistently take up the futile effort of trying to always prove you are right or in some sick way think you will convert or make ISU fans feel like Iowa is far superior. Just yesterday a guy posts a question about Iowa OL injuries and you come back with some sarcastic smartass response... Why? There was no reason for it at all except for you to prove once again that your only purpose on here is to be a disruptive ******* to the Cyclone fans that come on here for some information. If you only knew how many members of this board have left because you throw your hawk garbage around I think you would be shocked. God... we can't even have a thread in the ISU football forum without one of you hawk trolls coming in there to flame people and mix it up. You should be proud that you take the enjoyment out of visiting CF for so many since that without a doubt is your goal. Hope your happy.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
You got your history wrong. It's not that Majors or Bruce DIDN'T want to play Iowa or "didn't care" about playing Iowa, it's that Iowa didn't want to schedule any games with Iowa State. Iowa ended the series in the late 1930s and didn't want to renew it. It took the Iowa Legislature to renew the series.

And even then Bruce had fun with it. The first game of the renewed series, Bruce had "Beat Iowa" put across the front of the ISU players' jerseys. And guess what? Iowa State, favored to win, LOST.

So, you heard it here first. Bruce jinxed Iowa State.:jimlad:

Never said JM or EB didn't want to play Iowa or suggested that they would then or would now share my opinion on the series. As far as not caring, I find it hard to believe that Johnny Majors gave ANY thought to what the the Iowa Hawkeyes were doing since they weren't on the schedule. Similarly I doubt Earle Bruce cared vey much about Iowa in the years he didn't play them.

I think that an inextricable linkage to Iowa (or any other non conference team) is fundamentally bad for ISU. Our recent success vs. Iowa hasn't yielded a majority of top in-state recruits. Only winning the B12N (or contending to) on a consistent basis will change this and the Iowa Hawkeyes have absolutely no bearing on our performance in the B12.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
How about only giving Hawk fans access to in state rivals threads. That would solve a ton when regular ISU threads aren't hijacked by Hawk comparisons. I got no problem with Hawks or any other fans being on here, but keep it to threads where people know what they are reading. No reason to take threads about an ISU team and compare it all to Iowa.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
Not sure how often the Mods are on the board, but maybe once a thread gets into a bunch of back and forth nonsense, they could just move it off the front page or something. Or flag it to not come back on the front page.

egami

May 19, 2009
iowa
Not sure how often the Mods are on the board, but maybe once a thread gets into a bunch of back and forth nonsense, they could just move it off the front page or something. Or flag it to not come back on the front page.

So you want what? No threads on the front page? :smile: