Should the in-state rival forum show on the front page?

• Total voters

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
This post just illustrates why so many people want hawk threads off the main page. THH, you don't want the threads of the main page because you have an incessant need to be seen and heard.

I don't really care where they're at. Putting the in-state forum somewhere isn't going to change the amount of traffic it gets or keep people out of it.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I don't really care where they're at. Putting the in-state forum somewhere isn't going to change the amount of traffic it gets or keep people out of it.

Good, we agree. Then let's just make it like the gaming thread that doesn't show up on the front page.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
It seems to me that the need for so many hawk fans to have their voices heard, not to mention their repeated comments that the "look and feel" of CF makes it more attractive than the hawk options, makes this an excellent opportunity to establish hawkfanatic.com. Perhaps with a "shared" rivalry board, common between the two.

(I'd still like it off the main board, however)

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It seems to me that the need for so many hawk fans to have their voices heard, not to mention their repeated comments that the "look and feel" of CF makes it more attractive than the hawk options, makes this an excellent opportunity to establish hawkfanatic.com. Perhaps with a "shared" rivalry board, common between the two.

Didn't Jeremy try this at one point? I thought that was the joint venture right before politicalfanatic.com...

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA

Jeremy, are you reading this? Start hawkfanatic.com and sell the rights to a hawk fan. Of course, you'll have to jack up the price a little bit, but it's a win-win.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Didn't Jeremy try this at one point? I thought that was the joint venture right before politicalfanatic.com...

Not really my place to say, and I don't want to step on Jeremy's toes on this and how former ventures went down. I think there is a bit of inaccuracy in your second line.

But I think this time around, it can be different. Particularly given the number of hawk fans here nowadays, and some of the growing "contempt" for the paid sites.

I think it would flourish with hawk backing here.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Not really my place to say, and I don't want to step on Jeremy's toes on this and how former ventures went down. I think there is a bit of inaccuracy in your second line.
I could be wrong, but I thought he had a Hawkeye one up and running for a few days before he shut it down either right before or after PoliticalFanatic.com but I very well could be wrong.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
It is summer. Things are slow. When football and basketball seasons are in full swing, you will see a natural decrease in US vs. THEM conversations.

Just wait....

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
It is summer. Things are slow. When football and basketball seasons are in full swing, you will see a natural decrease in US vs. THEM conversations.

Just wait....

We may see some decrease, but those conversations always, always creep up throughout the year, no matter what else is going on.

In football season, for example, for every thread someone starts about our next opponent, someone else will start a thread about Iowa's next game, which will inevitably devolve into more us/them shenanigans.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
We may see some decrease, but those conversations always, always creep up throughout the year, no matter what else is going on.

In football season, for example, for every thread someone starts about our next opponent, someone else will start a thread about Iowa's next game, which will inevitably devolve into more us/them shenanigans.

It is up to the posters here to decide if they want to respond. Threads can die quite easily if people show some self-restraint.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
It looks like CycloneState78 is wrong yet again. Of the 20 threads on the front page of the in-state forum, 2 were started by Iowa fans. Hell, he even started one.

Interesting that he would then say that Hawk fans should stop starting threads that nobody cares about when A: we don't, and B: he did.

I am wrong? You are going to call me out? Lets take a closer look at people starting threads....

JonDMiller 122
SoHawk 61
DJK15 57
THH 36
Myself 8

I myself have started 1 thread in regards to the hawks. 1!!!!!!!! Woooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Your point about me starting things up is quite funny once some details are looked up. Then again..... Logic doesn't even come into the equation for you. :confused:

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I am wrong? You are going to call me out? Lets take a closer look at people starting threads....

JonDMiller 122
SoHawk 61
DJK15 57
THH 36
Myself 8

I myself have started 1 thread in regards to the hawks. 1!!!!!!!! Woooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Your point about me starting things up is quite funny once some details are looked up. Then again..... Logic doesn't even come into the equation for you. :confused:

Ha Ha. Love me some good stats!

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

JonDMiller 122
SoHawk 61
DJK15 57
THH 36
Myself 8

Who's SouthernHawk?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron