Iowa State in Puerto Rico Shootout in 2017

MuseumFaux

May 9, 2014
Ames
That seems like it has the potential for some great match-ups. Is the Puerto Rico Tourney still one of the marquee events. I remember it being one of the better ones in years past.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
At some point it'd be fun to get into a Fall tourney with some names. However, I agree that we don't need to throw a mostly new roster through the toughest ringer. The Big12 will be tough enough.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Illinois State has a chance to be very, very good in 2017-18.

I'll never understand how these tournaments choose fields. The fact that UNI will be making their second trip to Atlantis next year before Iowa State gets invited once. One would think with the success Iowa State has had for the last half decade that ESPN would be beating down the door to get them into one of their top tier events.

I'm going to the PR Tipoff this year, but it's in Orlando because of Zika, so I guess I won't be much help in planning for you guys...

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I'll never understand how these tournaments choose fields. The fact that UNI will be making their second trip to Atlantis next year before Iowa State gets invited once. One would think with the success Iowa State has had for the last half decade that ESPN would be beating down the door to get them into one of their top tier events.
There are two that I really want to see us play in. Maui and Atlantis.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Well that is extremely underwelming. Might have something to do with how many players we are losing in 2017. Hopefully our recruits find going to Puerto Rico interesting.

• Disagree
Reactions: isucy86

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
That seems like it has the potential for some great match-ups. Is the Puerto Rico Tourney still one of the marquee events. I remember it being one of the better ones in years past.
Since zika and bankruptcy threats, it has gone down hill.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron