Iowa State vs Iowa Rivalry

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Sorry I didn’t make this clear… I have never rooted for iowa and have prayed for their lose every game.. but from my “unbiased” opinion, too many people “root” for the other team. From the outside it seems like a competition of “who cares less” which is clearly a cop out.

Your original post sucks, and your follow up sucks. Me doubts you are a Cyclone.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Sorry I didn’t make this clear… I have never rooted for iowa and have prayed for their lose every game.. but from my “unbiased” opinion, too many people “root” for the other team. From the outside it seems like a competition of “who cares less” which is clearly a cop out.
You must live in a different reality than I do.

Reactions: RonBurgundy

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
This thread may be beating a dead horse , let me know if so.

I am so sick of this Iowa State vs Iowa rivalry. We both pretend to cheer for each other when we’re not playing each other.. both sides know that’s not true. Can both of our fan bases start to treat this like an actual rivalry? I want every Iowa fan in our mentions when we lose. I want every Iowa State fan to chirp Iowa in regards to Richmond. Is this just a me problem? It feels like we are gaslighting each other at all times.
This has a 'Jerry McGuire' feel in a Michael Scott kind of way.

Reactions: inCyteful

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This thread may be beating a dead horse , let me know if so.

I am so sick of this Iowa State vs Iowa rivalry. We both pretend to cheer for each other when we’re not playing each other.. both sides know that’s not true. Can both of our fan bases start to treat this like an actual rivalry? I want every Iowa fan in our mentions when we lose. I want every Iowa State fan to chirp Iowa in regards to Richmond. Is this just a me problem? It feels like we are gaslighting each other at all times.

LOL I'll be civil to Iowa fans but once they start to talk trash I'll sling mud with the best of them. I'll congratulate them but I won't ever cheer for them.

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
LOL I'll be civil to Iowa fans but once they start to talk trash I'll sling mud with the best of them. I'll congratulate them but I won't ever cheer for them.
I prefer to offer them condolences instead of congratulations, and I hope I get to do so a lot in the future.

Reactions: NWICY and TruClone