Iowa State vs Iowa Rivalry

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Must have been a misunderstanding and, of course, I haven't heard it from the Iowa side. Mark thought they had a date for 2026 to make the 2020 game up and they didn't.

I wish UNI would stop playing Iowa and Iowa State altogether but when you have zero travel costs and get to keep more of the guarantee, it makes a bunch of sense. Better than the Air Force and Hawaii games on the books...
Would you like to rule out fbs opponents entirely?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Would you like to rule out fbs opponents entirely?
From a competitive standpoint to schedule an extra win to get extra home games in the playoffs? Absolutely.

From a budgetary standpoint? FBS games are, unfortunately, a necessity because I don't know how UNI would replace that $600k every year.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Mark Farley?

He grew up a Minnesota fan, his mom was an alum. He's a million times more complimentary of Iowa State than he is Iowa. Kirk also lied to him after the UNI game in Iowa City was canceled due to COVID. Kirk told him they weren't going to reschedule because he wasn't playing FCS teams anymore and then turned around and scheduled South Dakota State and Illinois State.
Mark Farley?

He grew up a Minnesota fan, his mom was an alum. He's a million times more complimentary of Iowa State than he is Iowa. Kirk also lied to him after the UNI game in Iowa City was canceled due to COVID. Kirk told him they weren't going to reschedule because he wasn't playing FCS teams anymore and then turned around and scheduled South Dakota State and Illinois State.
Every time I’ve heard him talk about playing Iowa it’s dripping with reverence. There’s disdain when talking about ISU.

I was at the 2009 UNI/Iowa game and left convinced UNI didn’t really want to win. They couldn’t feel good about beating their beloved Hawks

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron