Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
From that article: "Campus planner Chris Strawhacker, facilities planning and management, who led the team that developed the plan, said two other goals of the strategic facilities plan are to:
Reduce Iowa State's deferred maintenance backlog, currently at about $600 million."

I guess removing buildings with deferred maintenance is one way to reduce that amount.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I'm so happy that Mackay is getting renovated in a few years....as a human sciences alum, it needs it bad...although the main lecture hall in Mackay is one of the best on campus even though I'm biased

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Also the Old Landscape Architecture building. I hope they're just adding onto it and renovating it..... It's a pretty neat old building with it's cupula. It's cool to have buildings of all different styles and sizes.

Basically I hate change lol. I really hate looking at old pictures of campus and seeing cool old buildings we've demolished or otherwise lost.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Nice.

Reminds me of a girl I worked with who broke up with a guy named Peter and then started dating another guy by the same name. She referred to them as Pete and Repeat.
There's a dp joke to be made in here but I can't find it yet.

Reactions: intrepid27

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Meanwhile, looks like Town Engineering will remain the crappiest building on campus.
I guess I was never in Town, but I spent a lot of time in Science 1 and it was a real **** hole. Not surprised the plan is to tear it down.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron