ISU to the Big East?

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
That's what I'd think, especially with any possible Big East Network down the road.

I think GG and JP are still working their hardest to save the Big 12. If OU and Texas went to the SEC, I don't think the Pac 10 expands past 12 and then you'd be back to an 8 team conference.

Is there something to this? Sorry, I just can't see Texas in the SEC, they would not control that conference.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
That's what I'd think, especially with any possible Big East Network down the road.

I think GG and JP are still working their hardest to save the Big 12. If OU and Texas went to the SEC, I don't think the Pac 10 expands past 12 and then you'd be back to an 8 team conference.

If the SEC adds OU\TX, id think theyd also add A&M though. A&M's been wanting SEC from the get go. And im seeing reports that SEC commish slive is in CS today.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
In my opinion...at this stage, the best thing that could happen would be for the B!) to become the B16, and snap up KU, KState, Missouri and us.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

That's possible, who would be the 12th Pac 10 team? Utah?

That leaves:
ISU
KSU
KU
Mizzou
Baylor
Tech
OSU
A&M

Obviously, I'm not making these decisions, but I'd still rather be part of the Big East, and a BE network, unless we were able to add some good markets and get a network out of that/

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Texas and OU to SEC presumes A&M there also. That's where A&M wants to go probably and would most likely be accepted.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Having the Big East TV markets and a soon to be new Big East Network totally outweighs the costs. Especially since anything but a rebuilt Big 12 is just about as distant as joining the Big East.

I'll go out on a limb here and say the Big East has a brighter future than the Big 10. If the 4 b12 remains join the Big East and they start a new network with equal revenue sharing and no outright controlling power of a school the Big East will thrive.

The Big 10 at that point would be surrounded by the Big East (who would now have no incentive to leave because they also have a cash cow network and have larger markets). The same goes for worrying about schools being poached by the ACC/SEC. If the Big East has it's own market and revenue sharing they don't have a big draw to the BE schools.

The new Pac 10/Big 12 South combination would have a decent TV footprint, but would be far to expansive geographically to work very well to function. They will break up eventually just like the old WAC, or will continue by being dominated by the 'power' schools like Texas, OU, and USC. See the Big 12 for how that worked out.

The SEC and ACC may merge, and that would be the only comparable conference, but I think the new Big East would have a much better academic fit for ISU than that would.

I know that was long winded, I'm just very convinced there is no better fit for ISU than the Big East. EVEN IF the big 12 were rebuilt.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
And I covet Jessica Simpson. That doesn't mean either of us will get what we covet.

jsimpsonfat.jpg

Have at it cowboy. Just make sure you sneak her out the back door so nobody catches you.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Jessica-Simpson.jpg

I will wait for this one when she has something coming up. IS that picture you used real? When did that happen. I also covet Jessica Biel as a backup option.

[QU
OTE=Al_4_State;1762323]
jsimpsonfat.jpg

Have at it cowboy. Just make sure you sneak her out the back door so nobody catches you.[/QUOTE]

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Jessica-Simpson.jpg

I will wait for this one when she has something coming up. IS that picture you used real? When did that happen. I also covet Jessica Biel as a backup option.

[QU
OTE=Al_4_State;1762323]
jsimpsonfat.jpg

Have at it cowboy. Just make sure you sneak her out the back door so nobody catches you.
[/QUOTE]

I would make Jessica Biel option #1 by a mile.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I would make Jessica Biel option #1 by a mile.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too until John Mayer was talking about JS. Made me want to check out what all the fuss was about.

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009

I would make Jessica Biel option #1 by a mile.[/QUOTE]

In the battle of Jessica's, I still rank Alba at the top.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron