ISU to the Big East?

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Utah will end up in the Pac-10. It is a high priority for their AD to cement his legacy and this would do it, and they have a better football program than KU.

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I disagree. If you have those 4 plus TCU, Utah, BYU and BSU, I think that should be a BCS conference.

It may get a BCS bid b/c Big XII gets dissolved, but I still think it would be the mid-major equivalent of the BCS schools. The bigger problem? It would be making mid major cash with a mid major tv contract.

chrishull14

Jan 31, 2007
Cyclone City
I really dont understand why the Mountain West is even comparable to the Big Espn. We cant look at the present. We need to look at the future, and potential of each option. The MW would be okay for football and blah for the rest. The Big Espn would be okay for football and a premier league for all of the other sports. The Mt West is never gonna be a huge power conference. The Big East has tons of potential, especially with Tagliabue and a network.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
I dont get the distance thing either.

Basically if you aren't in driving distance 2-3 hours... you are flying anyway. So what does it matter if you fly 500 miles vs 800 miles.

And think of the extra frequent flyer miles you get!

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I really dont understand why the Mountain West is even comparable to the Big Espn. We cant look at the present. We need to look at the future, and potential of each option. The MW would be okay for football and blah for the rest. The Big Espn would be okay for football and a premier league for all of the other sports. The Mt West is never gonna be a huge power conference. The Big East has tons of potential, especially with Tagliabue and a network.

I dont get it. the Big espn?? what?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I dont get it. the Big espn?? what?

ESPN largely used the Big East Conference in it's development years and a close relationship still exists between the two. Hell, I'm not sure there's a day of the week that ESPN doesn't broadcast a Big East basketball game that time of year...

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
ESPN largely used the Big East Conference in it's development years and a close relationship still exists between the two. Hell, I'm not sure there's a day of the week that ESPN doesn't broadcast a Big East basketball game that time of year...

yeah true. It seemed like everytime i watched college basketball on ESPN it was always Syracuse playing.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
The local news here in Raleigh is talking about potential Conf - USA expansion via picking up the forgotten Big 12 teams. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. The only plus would be me being able to drive an hour and a half to see ISU pound ECU in Greenville, NC.

If Texas and the Texas butt buddy schools go to the PAC 10, I predict Baylor to Conf USA, and the North 4 to the Big East.

cyingreen

Nov 13, 2006
Jasper County
If Texas and the Texas butt buddy schools go to the PAC 10, I predict Baylor to Conf USA, and the North 4 to the Big East.

Unless JP is playing an unusually tight version of his "I Spy" game to get us in a bigger, more football oriented BCS conference, this scenario sounds like the best we can hope for at the moment. And I'd be all right with it.:yes:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

cyingreen

Nov 13, 2006
Jasper County
Originally Posted by CrossCyed
Basically, piecing together what I've heard and read, they've explored the Big East option and will continue to, just not big fans of the potential costs involved. That isn't to say we won't land there. They are just wary of it as of now.

I consider this positive news. The way it's been presented, we will be forced to take whatever table scraps are thrown at us, down to the MAC. This makes it sound like we perhaps have options.:smile:

ksusf

Jun 11, 2010
Come on guys, this doesn't look so bad, now does it?

timthumb.png

Reactions: cycloneML