ISU VP of Finance & Operations Settlement

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
That’s not really a big buyout, it’s around 4 months salary. Guy moved from Nevada with an expectation of a long term job and now he’s stuck in Ames. It’s a simple risk-reward situation. Paying him off was cheaper than the risk of losing the lawsuit. If he had any kind of case he’d probably hold out for more.

Wonder how much we paid the search firm? Probably around $75K but maybe more. We probably get a free search if he didn’t last a year.

Baseline23

Mar 17, 2012
That’s not really a big buyout, it’s around 4 months salary. Guy moved from Nevada with an expectation of a long term job and now he’s stuck in Ames. It’s a simple risk-reward situation. Paying him off was cheaper than the risk of losing the lawsuit. If he had any kind of case he’d probably hold out for more.

Wonder how much we paid the search firm? Probably around $75K but maybe more. We probably get a free search if he didn’t last a year.
Was just going to ask this -- which should be the first question anyone associated with this university should ask.
But never does.

"Consulting" -- not prostitution or life insurance -- is "the world's oldest profession."

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

But you made the most important point. No way the guy has a prayer or a case if he accepts that.

What these people forget in this risk-reward calculation is now every time some highly paid clowns knows they are going to get canned they can push to get a payout. This has been and will remain the precedence.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Tuition increases at the Big 3 in Iowa probably has more to do with State funding.
Chart their cash spend by the various categories over say a 40 year time period along with enrollment.

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia
Wonder what a similar role paid say 30 years ago.
Well just adjusting for inflation, 400k in 2023 would be equivalent to about 189k in 1993.

I’d bet the position has always been well paid. Considering the size and budget and complexity of a major research university, one wouldn’t want to underpay and end up with a dud.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Well just adjusting for inflation, 400k in 2023 would be equivalent to about 189k in 1993.

I’d bet the position has always been well paid. Considering the size and budget and complexity of a major research university, one wouldn’t want to underpay and end up with a dud.
Sounds like they overpaid AND ended up with a dud.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Chart their cash spend by the various categories over say a 40 year time period along with enrollment.
Just a FYI, the poster who you "liked" has burned thru a dozen accounts on here, is incredibly entitled, and gloated about having his grandparents pay for his entire college experience.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Just a FYI, the poster who you "liked" has burned thru a dozen accounts on here, is incredibly entitled, and gloated about having his grandparents pay for his entire college experience.
Generous grandparents. Lots try to do that if they can. I know I would if I am ever able.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Generous grandparents. Lots try to do that if they can. I know I would if I am ever able.
I'm sure you aren't alone in that thought.
My point being silver spoon boy has burned thru a dozen alts on here with lecturing everyone how the world works.

Dude complained thru multiple handles years apart about ******* ham sandwiches.

That's my point.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron