Ja Morant Suspension

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
And every day someone uses the false equivalence fallacy on the Internet. What is this world coming to?

Is it really that big of a false equivalency? Ja is pretending he’s street and hood tough meanwhile politicians are pretending they’re tough and manly men.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Per article in March he was on video drunk with a gun in a club. Than a video of him flashing a gun in a car. Another, fighting a HS kid prospect and than later coming to his house with a gun in his waistband. Guys a timebomb just waiting to explode.
This.

He has at least 3 prior incidents and a couple of those using gun in a threatening manner.

How many other NBA players were required to seek counseling? And now 2 months later, this incident.

That said, as long as he is legal to carry a gun, don't believe this incident is over the top.

IMO its sad and indictment on our culture that for some folks guns have replaced a rolex or other bling as a status symbol.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm surprised it took until page 2 to get the first "he didn't break any laws" comment.

Breaking or not breaking the law is irrelevant here.

Well it is incredibly confusing why we celebrate the behavior elsewhere. I think the Grizzlies actions aren’t the reason it’s confusing at all.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
I'm surprised it took until page 2 to get the first "he didn't break any laws" comment.

For sure

Did you actually watch the video? A little immature but also pretty harmless. Not sure why he posts this **** when he has such a mark on his head but there was definitely nothing menacing about it.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This country has made it basically legal to just carry a gun wherever you want and wave it around if you want, right? I don't agree with that, but that's the law, right?

So what rules has he broken?

• Winner
Reactions: CloneIce

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Agreed but given his past and being suspended this year and having to go to a rehabilitation place to help his image. It’s not a great look at all.

I’m pretty sure we’re in a post-“not a good look” society at this point. Until he murders someone or accidentally blows his nuts off this should be a “nothingburger”.