Ja Morant Suspension

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Who celebrates waving a gun around in a strip club or while dancing in a car?

We celebrate and elevate posing with AR15s in the mainstream, even children.

His previous behavior makes me agree that it’s inappropriate to be posing in public with guns.

I’m not advocating what he’s done or how he acts. I’m asking for the tiniest bit of self reflection about a very broad cultural sickness.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I’m pretty sure we’re in a post-“not a good look” society at this point. Until he murders someone or accidentally blows his nuts off this should be a “nothingburger”.

I guess if it was his seven year old child in a Christmas card everybody would love it.

• Winner
Reactions: FerShizzle

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
IMO.... what Ja did should be punished in some way.... but that's not what this country has decided is important, so it's completely legal.

Maybe in Sweden this would be frowned upon.... but in the U.S.... this is celebrated. This is what we want our country to look like. People flashing guns everywhere is kinda what we're known for. Ja is just playing along.

• Sad
Reactions: Cyclone06

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
This country has made it basically legal to just carry a gun wherever you want and wave it around if you want, right? I don't agree with that, but that's the law, right?

So what rules has he broken?
Exactly. It’s hilarious to see people clutching their pearls over Ja. We’re a nation with a gun crazy culture that glorifies carrying guns in public. I recently watched a popular politician running for governor driving a campaign car around with a machine gun mounted on top, to wild cheers. Now he’s the states attorney general.

Yet people want to come down hard on Ja for showing off his gun in a social media video? Big ******* deal. Spare me the hypocrisy.

That’s our culture. Embrace it.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Elected officials pose with guns daily and take Christmas card and campaign photos with their children holding semi automatic rifles. A basketball players poses with a gun and gets suspended.

What a weird country.
Elected officials who do this are far right, and dumb for doing it. Morant is also dumb for doing what he did. Both reveal the type of people I would rather avoid. Simple.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Elected officials who do this are far right, and dumb for doing it. Morant is also dumb for doing what he did. Both reveal the type of people I would rather avoid. Simple.
Well I agree. It’s dumb as hell for anyone to pose with a gun, think it makes them a big man, or have a gun fetish like so many weirdos. Just pointing out the hypocrisy and downright weirdness of our country. “Oh no Ja carries a gun!”

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Well I agree. It’s dumb as hell for anyone to pose with a gun, think it makes them a big man, or have a gun fetish like so many weirdos. Just pointing out the hypocrisy and downright weirdness of our country. “Oh no Ja carries a gun!”
100% only thing that makes this dumber is he’s really costing himself so much money. Just stay off IG live for god sake otherwise much more of these things he might find himself out of the league

Reactions: CloneIce

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Sure it's a bad look on the NBA but I'd guess there was some sort of advice given to Morant along the lines of 'don't even toe the line of doing something that looks similar to your other stupid behavior that got you suspended' and then he did.

With his previous issues was it even legal for him to have a gun?

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Problem is... the people who are fine with people running around flashing their guns around... only seem okay with it when white people do it. Weird how that is?
Who has said that they prefer white people dangling their guns in the strip club over black people? Weird comment...

Reactions: VAClonefan

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Problem is... the people who are fine with people running around flashing their guns around... only seem okay with it when white people do it. Weird how that is?
That’s the problem you see? so you think the grizzlies see Steven Adams doing that and say…he’s white so we will forget about it?

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
IMO Ja’s problems are associated with his posse and his lack of distancing himself from their influence along with his need to be part of that “scene”. His comments after reinstatement to the NBA post rehab are troubling because he just can’t give that nightclub lifestyle up. The gun thing is not the issue, he got a pretty severe wake up call that cost him potential millions and now he can’t be trusted. Very talented with the potential to be a long term face of a franchise and sad to see it thrown away.