J'Vonne Hadley (Curtis Jones' cousin) to have zoom meetings with Iowa State & MSU this week

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
He turned down a starting spot on a consensus pre-season Top 10 team next year and a chance to play with his cousin for two of the worst Power 6 teams last year.

I don't think anything else needs to be said about his motives or character. Good riddance.

He turned down a starting spot on a consensus pre-season Top 10 team next year and a chance to play with his cousin for two of the worst Power 6 teams last year.

I don't think anything else needs to be said about his motives or character. Good riddance.
Glad you're around. Comprehend much?

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
These two finalists pretty obviously show he was more interested in a top end pay day compared to being on a contender

Nothing wrong with that, but seems his priorities are clear

Yeah if someone offers u 500k and another offers you 100k. It’s pretty obvious which anyone would do. Hope he enjoys watching a good team

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It’s weird. Guys like Hadley will never amount to much but they are all the rage. Meanwhile his cousin was an unheralded recruit from buffalo who might end up on an elite 8 team

Being in a bidding war for what's possibly reaching $1 million for a year is amounting to something, and if he ends up in the NBA and has success that will be plenty of amounting to something.

ISU may very well end up an EE team which is great for us fans but I can't be the only one who can't even name this year's EE teams without looking...or any other year for that matter.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
It’s weird. Guys like Hadley will never amount to much but they are all the rage. Meanwhile his cousin was an unheralded recruit from buffalo who might end up on an elite 8 team
This exactly. Once he announces Tuesday he'll be one of those guys that we never hear from again or forgot even existed.

The greatest player on the planet right now just said he made a mistake sending his son to USC becuase it wasn't the culture or program they thought they were getting.

Now we have a top transfer begging go get in there to play in front of about 5,000 fans.

Reactions: Drew0311

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Besides that, look at the development in just one year under this staff.

As well as the visibility and exposure.

Those have tremendous value too, besides the memories they make together as a team.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
This exactly. Once he announces Tuesday he'll be one of those guys that we never hear from again or forgot even existed.

The greatest player on the planet right now just said he made a mistake sending his son to USC becuase it wasn't the culture or program they thought they were getting.

Now we have a top transfer begging go get in there to play in front of about 5,000 fans.
Halliburton doesn't have a kid that went to USC.

TrailCy

Mar 3, 2021
I was complaining about the collectives yesterday and this is a reason why. Nothing about this is capturing the value of your name, image, or likeness. It's a straight up salary. You're going to say it's not possible, and I understand, but if the school wants a player they should offer money and make them an employee.

Otherwise NIL dealers should sign contract with players that if they transfer they give their money back, or something like that. It's insane to me that NIL groups are offering kids hundreds of thousands of dollars with no strings attached.

Yesterday somebody said these students are employees of we will. If that's the case, offer them with a non-compete clause

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I was complaining about the collectives yesterday and this is a reason why. Nothing about this is capturing the value of your name, image, or likeness. It's a straight up salary. You're going to say it's not possible, and I understand, but if the school wants a player they should offer money and make them an employee.

Otherwise NIL dealers should sign contract with players that if they transfer they give their money back, or something like that. It's insane to me that kids groups are offering kids hundreds of thousands of dollars with no strings attached.

Yesterday somebody sent these students are employees of we will. If that's the case, offer them with a non-compete clause
Becoming an employee is another set of issues. People are reviewing it, but is a couple of years off, even if the topic moves quickly. You have insurance, unions, workers' comp claims, IPERS, LTD disability, and other big items to figure out.

Currently, they are not employees of any NIL. They are 1099 payment recipients.

Call Blum, make a big donation, and get on the WeWill Board to direct policy. Otherwise, embrace where we are instead of making statements that really have no meaning today.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006

Otherwise NIL dealers should sign contract with players that if they transfer they give their money back, or something like that. It's insane to me that kids groups are offering kids hundreds of thousands of dollars with no strings attached.

Yesterday somebody sent these students are employees of we will. If that's the case, offer them with a non-compete clause
I do not like the current state of affairs - few people do.
You will get what you want in a couple years.
Athletes will become employees. What goes with that I do not know.
Disparity will still exist. The B10 and SEC will pay more. They need to go their separate way.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone