Status
Not open for further replies.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
  • Angry
Reactions: DBQR4CY

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Murph and Andy spent a half hour on this today. Not sure how he's still wrestling for RS.
The school is considering it a code of conduct violation to my knowledge which is why he has been practicing almost the whole season, but is now scheduled to wrestle at the Roland/Story tournament this weekend.

• Wow
Reactions: DBQR4CY

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The school is considering it a code of conduct violation to my knowledge which is why he has been practicing almost the whole season, but is now scheduled to wrestle at the Roland/Story tournament this weekend.

It just sets a horrible precedent. Maybe he's done a ton of stuff behind the scenes as punishment/gesture of turning the corner....but why not address it? Has Roland/Story said anything?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

According to the article he wrestled this past weekend.

Reactions: Tigerguy_

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
It just sets a horrible precedent. Maybe he's done a ton of stuff behind the scenes as punishment/gesture of turning the corner....but why not address it? Has Roland/Story said anything?
I only know the basics of what the coach said at the parents meeting at the beginning of the season.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
According to the article he wrestled this past weekend.
I don't know this for sure, but from coaches emails he was not scheduled for the saydel tourney they were in this last weekend, but he is listed for this weekend.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I don't know this for sure, but from coaches emails he was not scheduled for the saydel tourney they were in this last weekend, but he is listed for this weekend.

It's kind of funny WHO linked a Facebook post by Roland-Story wrestling. It says they took 5 wrestlers to Saydel with all 5 placing in their weight class . Then they only list 4 wrestlers. Not sure if the post got edited afterwards.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
It's kind of funny WHO linked a Facebook post by Roland-Story wrestling. It says they took 5 wrestlers to Saydel with all 5 placing in their weight class . Then they only list 4 wrestlers. Not sure if the post got edited afterwards.
They had 7 listed on the email earlier in the week for that tourney, one had a knee problem I know and some have been sick. Again I know he wasn't listed beforehand, not saying he didn't end up going.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Yes he has been practicing for weeks. He is scheduled to wrestle this week as his first week being able to compete.
Says in the story he already wrestled at Saydel tournament this weekend.

OOps, didn't read further down

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
One would think pleading guilty to the charge even in a juvenile court would have to carry some sort of significant punishment.
I can't see how a school could justify allowing him in extracurriculars after that...granted they didn't say when the juvenile court hearing would happen.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ok so what are the consequences for the kid? He sodomized a kid with a pencil. Please tell me he's going to get some kind of meaningful punishment.

It's borderline sexual assault.....if that happened to me, I'd have been so traumatized I'd have begged my parents to move and put me in a new school.

Murph had a decent idea, tell him he has to miss his junior year but can wrestle his senior year if he does A-B-C ect...a chance for redemption but time served so to speak.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It's not a good look that he's wrestling. R-S knows this having not listed him as placing first and limiting who can comment on the post.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It's borderline sexual assault.....if that happened to me, I'd have been so traumatized I'd have begged my parents to move and put me in a new school.

Murph had a decent idea, tell him he has to miss his junior year but can wrestle his senior year if he does A-B-C ect...a chance for redemption but time served so to speak.

It's not borderline, it is sexual assault. It's not debatable. If this were a female underclassman at RS this wouldn't even be a question.

The administration, staff, and everybody at RS should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It's not borderline, it is sexual assault. It's not debatable. If this were a female underclassman at RS this wouldn't even be a question.

The administration, staff, and everybody at RS should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.
I used "borderline" because on Murph and Andy today they mentioned its not technically by letter of the law even though we all basically agree it is. Could have heard wrong though.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I only know the basics of what the coach said at the parents meeting at the beginning of the season.

I mean this sincerely I don't care what the coach would have to say if it isn't that the kid is kicked off the team. Anything else he's aiding and abetting and is a bad person and a worse role model and leader for kids which is what high school coaching is supposed to be about.

Status
Not open for further replies.