Kansas to win or Big 12 to lose?

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
And are you saying that nearly every year that Kentucky makes the Final Four it changes the perception of the strength of the SEC? Nope - most everyone still thinks the SEC is a **** conference - **** that UK transcends because of that program's greatness.

You know what changed the perception of the SEC this year? It wasn't UK's performance - it was 3 teams in the Elite 8 and possibly 2 teams in the Final Four.

Nobody nationally, had KU advanced to the Final Four, would have attributed that to the strength of the Big 12. KU is a blue blood that nationally is evaluated on its own and has very little affect on the opinions of the conference. Want to know what would have increased the strength of the conference? ISU making the Sweet 16 and Baylor and WVU making the Elite 8.

But this whole "we should be cheering for KU because it raises the perception of the conference as a whole" is nothing but a crock full of bull**** perpetuated by KU fans that want to guilt the rest of the conference into cheering for them out of loyalty when in reality they couldn't give two ***** about the rest of us. And for that they can go **** themselves.
giphy.gif

IH8Iowa24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2016
Kansas only made it to the Elite 8. I can't believe the SEC is the best basketball conference! It's almost as if the NCAA tournament is unpredictable and I've always known there's only one true basketball and football conference! It's like I'm unable to predict who is the best basketball conference every year based on the NCAA tourney results!!!! Oh... wait... that's why it's unpredictable... I'm sick of this BS and how people measure a conference's ability based on bowl and tourney season.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Here's one more reason why I think cheering for KU out of "conference loyalty" and "because it makes the conference look strong" are reasons full of bull****:

Were KU fans cheering for ISU against Nevada because it made the conference look strong?

Were KU fans cheering for ISU against Purdue because it made the conference look strong?

Did KU fans want an all Big 12 showcase in KC for the right to go to the Elite 8, a game more than likely that would have torn the house down and would have shined a big, bright light on the Big 12 Conference?

Or were KU fans hoping for Nevada to upset us, then for Purdue to knock us off for their own selfish reasons because they didn't want a piece of ISU in KC, because historically ISU has shown it's not afraid of KU in KC and we would have been a huge threat to their own Final Four run? Ding ding ding, correct answer.

KU fans wanted us out of the tourney as early as possible because they didn't want any part of ISU or us fans in "their" building. So **** them and their conference loyalty, because with KU fans it's anything but a 2-way street.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Here's one more reason why I think cheering for KU out of "conference loyalty" and "because it makes the conference look strong" are reasons full of bull****:

Were KU fans cheering for ISU against Nevada because it made the conference look strong?

Were KU fans cheering for ISU against Purdue because it made the conference look strong?

Did KU fans want an all Big 12 showcase in KC for the right to go to the Elite 8, a game more than likely that would have torn the house down and would have shined a big, bright light on the Big 12 Conference?

Or were KU fans hoping for Nevada to upset us, then for Purdue to knock us off for their own selfish reasons because they didn't want a piece of ISU in KC, because historically ISU has shown it's not afraid of KU in KC and we would have been a huge threat to their own Final Four run? Ding ding ding, correct answer.

KU fans wanted us out of the tourney as early as possible because they didn't want any part of ISU or us fans in "their" building. So **** them and their conference loyalty, because with KU fans it's anything but a 2-way street.
Your response with logic just ruined the internet, way to go.

In all seriousness, well said.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Great job KBoo!!

Without having ISU as a test run against Purdue I'm not sure that isn't a toss up for them. Why we played conventional against them for 25 minutes I'll never know.

How does a KU team get so out-athleted?

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Forgive me Mr. Bowlsby for I have sinned. I tried to be for the Big 12 in the tournament. I had no problem standing behind five of those teams. I even did not get upset with KU's first three wins. Last night I broke down. I took great joy in watching the better than thou KU fans bailing out of their seats before the end of the game, as well as not having to hear their stupid end-of-the-game chant. Unless they are playing the Big Ten, I just can't get behind KU basketball.

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017

Interesting love and hate relationship with KU. We love to hate them. They hate to love us.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
How many times has Self went into the tourney as the No. 1 seed? Eight? 1/8 and this year they even had a home regional. Good thing Bill that Memphis couldn't hit free throws.....