Latest Info Regarding Chizik

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Iowa State
Old coach: Gene Chizik. Hired at Auburn Dec. 13.
Candidates: Former Colorado coach Gary Barnett, Iowa wide receiver coach Erik Campbell, former Texas A&M coach Dennis Franchione, Grand Valley State (Mich.) coach Chuck Martin, Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi, Oklahoma offensive line coach James Patton.
The buzz: Chizik has been the coach of the Cyclones the last two years, compiling a 5-19 record. Iowa State finished 2-10 (0-8 in the Big 12) in 2008. Complete coverage

None of these guys get me excited, especially Barnett. He and Franchione would not get a sniff from JP because of their off field shenanigans.

I would rather we have a coach out of the stands than Barnett or any guys known for "shady" things. And with Barnett it's even worse.

clonedog

Dec 12, 2008
I say the first question is who should be in charge of hiring the new coach. Say good by to J. P. and start over...If this is the next level; we should have an A.D. walking around with his tail between his legs. Chizik is getting off a sinking ship. The sooner we deal with this reality, the sooner we get back on track.

Last edited:

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Paul write-up is priceless and has me laughing about this whole thing...to a point. I feel bad for the players and the rest of the coaching staff. All I can say is, Gene must be one hell of an interview!!!:wink:

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I LOL'ed at this from Auburn's rivals site

lol.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron