ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I've never listened to the podcasts; they seem to be a bit long. I'm not going to sit down for 15+ minutes just to listen to a podcast. JMO.

Every thought about putting them on your phone or iPod? Listening to them when you drive to and from work? Just an idea. I know a lot of folks like them for that reason. Also while jogging, working out, etc. That's how I consume podcasts during the week.

Here's a link to our iTunes page so you can get them to download automatically.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cyclone-fanatic/id396542314

Reactions: isugcs

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I like the quick-hitting articles.

Podcasts are awesome, I listen in my car to and from work.

nebCLONE77

Oct 24, 2009
Like the webcasts and written content (the more in-depth articles are preferred). Also, I enjoy when you provide links to other Big 12 writers. If you were to expand, as in hiring more staff, I would enjoy more coverage of women's basketball and volleyball.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
This! I remember seeing that it was being worked on, any update Chris?

Yeah here's the deal on that. I am 100 percent on board with getting it back up and running. But do you guys remember about 6 months ago when the site would just randomly shut down every couple of hours? CyBookie was doing that. So basically, we need to uninstall, reinstall it and make sure it will work properly. The problem is, the CyBookie packet is way out of date. The guy doesn't develop it anymore. Really, the only person who can do this for me is Jeremy, who is swamped with his day job. I really do believe that we'll get it back on the site soon but when, I cannot tell you. It is a priority of mine though as I feel like it adds a lot to the site. The best thing about it are the threads it creates regarding games going on around the country. We need to get back to that. One of the best parts of this site IMO...

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I enjoy the written stuff especially the stuff from Blum and Kirk. I do watch the videos, but if there wasn't as many in the future I wouldn't be too hurt and would probably listen to more of the podcasts. I probably listen to half of the podcasts right now.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I've never listened to a podcast and I rarely watch video. I like nuggets. Nuggets are good.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I prefer the written articles but will watch the videos if different than what I watch on Cyclones.tv. I generally come to the site because you have information I can not get elsewhere. You have done a great job of developing content and the longer articles where you get into real analysis is what I really like. I do not live in Iowa anymore, and reading your articles gives me the information I want. A great example is the recent offensive line report. I also like the guest write up you have with Blum, etc. I do not pay much attention to the forums anymore because most threads end up hijacked by a relatively small group that have trouble staying on topic. Overall Chris, from a big ISU fan living in OU country, you are doing a great job with the information and content on the site, keep it up.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
You do a great job with all the content Chris and asking for feedback shows how much you care about your target audience.

From a personal standpoint, I would enjoy more frequent podcasts because I can listen to them while I work. I also really enjoy insight from former players (Arnaud, Whitver, etc...) since they've been in the locker room.

I also enjoy the one on one Q&A sessions you do with the coaches and players, but those seem to be mostly transcript. Would it be possible to post a podcast and transcript for those interviews? That way, you could choose to either read it or listen to it?

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
CW, I can echo what has been said about the written content being top notch and the thing I like most, but I do enjoy when you and Austen do your positional analysis as well as some of the video player/coach interviews.

Overall, you guys are the cat's pajamas or bee's knees or whatever. :smile:

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I also enjoy the one on one Q&A sessions you do with the coaches and players, but those seem to be mostly transcript. Would it be possible to post a podcast and transcript for those interviews? That way, you could choose to either read it or listen to it?

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

In theory, I could do that. The only issue I see with it is time. For instance, I transcribe every Paul Rhoads press conference. Those average about 30 minutes. It usually takes me at least an hour to do that. Our podcasts, on average, are around 45 minutes long. There comes a point where you only have so many hours in a week you know?

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
In theory, I could do that. The only issue I see with it is time. For instance, I transcribe every Paul Rhoads press conference. Those average about 30 minutes. It usually takes me at least an hour to do that. Our podcasts, on average, are around 45 minutes long. There comes a point where you only have so many hours in a week you know?

I hear ya and it's definitely not a deal breaker or a complaint. Nobody should have any complaints on a free site with this much content. It sounds like I may be in the minority wanting to listen to content instead of read it anyway.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I agree with everything about CyBookie...

Another thing I'd like to see more of is photos. I'm talking large photos that haven't been scaled down. A massive pet peeve of mine is clicking into a photo gallery online and all the photos are small. I must have some sort of ADD but I tend to change my screensaver and wallpaper on my computer often and would love to have more ISU photos. I don't save the tiny ones, they look bad when enlarged.

This is an amazing site Chris, you have done some great things for Cyclone fans! Thank you!

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I agree with everything about CyBookie...

Another thing I'd like to see more of is photos. I'm talking large photos that haven't been scaled down. A massive pet peeve of mine is clicking into a photo gallery online and all the photos are small. I must have some sort of ADD but I tend to change my screensaver and wallpaper on my computer often and would love to have more ISU photos. I don't save the tiny ones, they look bad when enlarged.

This is an amazing site Chris, you have done some great things for Cyclone fans! Thank you!

Interesting take on the photos...I'll consider that. Never heard that one before. Thanks.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I LOVE the content Chris. Personally I like journalistic writing, but I really appreciate the insider opinions you and the guys offer. I can read the opinion of those on this board, but you have to sift through tons and tons of garbage to get to the few that matter. :wink:

Suggestions for content organization:
From my little iPhone 4, I go to that ellipsis button at the top for forum/what's new almost exclusively. So I miss most of your articles unless I happen to go into a topic that you have linked. Then my issue is that the article font is so small I can't read it very well with my 43 year old eyes on this tiny screen. I would love for the articles to be in the same format/font as the forum pages.

Also, from that ellipsis link, would it be possible to have your podcast link and your articles linked there? Does anybody ever use the 'Friends', 'Profile', 'Album' all that much? They could be in a cog wheel icon up there, like for settings. Use that real estate to link to the four bulleted items from above.

Sorry, I know there is another place for these comments, but I think it ties into this topic.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I tend to prefer articles, but then i prefer video podcasts to just audio ones (though you could always strip the audio and make it available to those who wanted just that)