DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I can't stand Cousin Sal. I basically have to stop listening to the BS Report during NFL season because those betting line shows bore me to tears.

How are you able to listen to Simmons talk about the Celtics and Red Sox in the spring and summer three days a week? If they had a weekly House vs. Sal eating contest and talked about it for three hours, I'd listen and probably laugh the entire time.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
How are you able to listen to Simmons talk about the Celtics and Red Sox in the spring and summer three days a week? If they had a weekly House vs. Sal eating contest and talked about it for three hours, I'd listen and probably laugh the entire time.

I usually skip anything baseball related as well, just not my sport. Mostly, I eat up the NBA and pop culture stuff, or any time he brings in a guest to discuss the sport of football, not just gambling. I have nothing against gambling, but it' just boring to listen to anyone discuss the lines. I guess I don't hate Sal as much as the only topic he's ever on to talk about.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I usually skip anything baseball related as well, just not my sport. Mostly, I eat up the NBA and pop culture stuff, or any time he brings in a guest to discuss the sport of football, not just gambling. I have nothing against gambling, but it' just boring to listen to anyone discuss the lines. I guess I don't hate Sal as much as the only topic he's ever on to talk about.

Gotcha, I'm all in on degenerate gambler talk. Anywho, don't want derail the thread and I got work to do.
Good talk.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
My favorite pieces to read are the interviews that you get with coaches that are rather lengthy, they give great insight to the program.

I usually get most of my short term and quick hitter stuff off of twitter and then watch cyclones.tv for the full videos of camp interviews and stuff like that.

I like the podcasts a lot.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
The people getting obsessed with credits is a little stupid, but I agree with CW that it was a good way to generate some discussion on other games.

I agree with the discussion of games (WRNL open threads are better for this usually), but I just can't stand the idiots betting fake credits on who wins the Olympic badminton match between Australia and South Africa. Especially when that crap is every thread on the front page.

If its just the major conference games and pro sports, its fine.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
I agree with the discussion of games (WRNL open threads are better for this usually), but I just can't stand the idiots betting fake credits on who wins the Olympic badminton match between Australia and South Africa. Especially when that crap is every thread on the front page.

If its just the major conference games and pro sports, its fine.
Pretty sure with the updated cyclonefanatic you have to get in your settings and select that you want to see posts from cybookie on the front page soo....

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Like your writing Chris, nice job on stories. Prefer that over videos. Would be nice to have OT posts off the new posts page. I come here for Cyclone Sports, not what kind of diesel engines someone likes. It has it place in the OT, but no in the new post section. Thanks for the great site!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
cowbell.jpg

TechCyclone

Aug 31, 2010
Mawell, IA
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. I like the videos when I have time to watch. Could you just link to others (ames tribune, cyclonestv, etc...) video content to make it easier and still offer one stop cyclone media shop?
5. What can we do to get a more user friendly official app for iPhone/iPad ?

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
After his article this week and hearing him again on the podcast, We Need More Blum!

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
Perhaps this isn't possible but I envision a live twitter feed along the right fourth of the screen. It would follow anything related to Iowa State athletics, perhaps Big 12 sports, recruiting, etc. I use Twitter and follow a handful of people and places like Borzello, Baseball Prospectus, etc... I don't know if you could set something up that would filter, capture and show any tweet with key words like Cyclones, Hoiberg, Iowa State and so on. Very crude description but Twitter is so fluid that I think something like this would be cool.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I can't get the videos at work, so theres that.

The numbers also say that we are 99% guys. Can we get more risque content too? :jimlad: