longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
:frown: Tear...

I appreciate the work you do too, because you are the workhorse behind CF. I think you are like the Busch light, because you are consistent and reliable. Blum on the other hand is like summer shandy, because I think it is really good, but it only comes around every so often.

Reactions: isufan

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I tend to prefer articles, but then i prefer video podcasts to just audio ones (though you could always strip the audio and make it available to those who wanted just that)

That would be nice. Sometimes there is interesting looking content, but I can't watch videos at work (but do listen to podcasts)

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I appreciate the work you do too, because you are the workhorse behind CF. I think you are like the Busch light, because you are consistent and reliable. Blum on the other hand is like summer shandy, because I think it is really good, but it only comes around every so often.

according to the podcast a few weeks back, Blum is girly

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Far and away my favorite thing is the podcasts. I work alone most days so listening to cyclones talk makes the day fly by. I actually just went back two years ago to the podcast that was done after the OSU game just because I am pumped for football and have listened to all the latest podcasts multiple times.

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
Every thought about putting them on your phone or iPod? Listening to them when you drive to and from work? Just an idea. I know a lot of folks like them for that reason. Also while jogging, working out, etc. That's how I consume podcasts during the week.

Here's a link to our iTunes page so you can get them to download automatically.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cyclone-fanatic/id396542314

The videos will not work on an android phone unless you have flash player installed, which it is not by default. If you deliver the videos without flash (i.e. - html5), than almost anyone can play them. Having better mobile access to videos would increase their viewings.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I want this button to work:

Recruiting

This section of the new Cyclone Fanatic isn't quite ready yet but be sure to check back shortly as we're working on databases for our Iowa State football and basketball coverage.
Thanks for your patience!

I'm addicted to this site, so you must be doing something right. Keep up the good work!

Cyclonz

Nov 23, 2009
Denver, CO
I live in Denver so love be able to keep up by reading the Camp Updates and Monday Musings is my favorite. Love your opinions and insights helps me get to know the team so much better. Can't live without Cyclonefanatic!

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I like how consumable the site is in short bursts, I can check for late breaking news, camp reports, etc.

Would really like a mobile app, the mobile site is clunky on my android

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
My 2 cents worth:

Love the articles, both quick hitting and long form. A mix of both is best. I especially enjoy opinion and analysis in the articles, it drives the best discussion because people always have differing opinions.

I don't do podcasts and rarely watch videos, but that's just me. I would second the request for transcripts of interviews, I prefer reading the transcripts because I'm usually in a place I can't do audio. But I understand the overhead involved.

lionnusmb

Dec 30, 2008
Ankeny, IA
Videos are nice when I've got time to sit down, but right now they often are the same content that Cyclones.TV has, just from a different camera angle. Blogs and long form written stuff is where CF brings unique info and viewpoints. Plus I can read a blog on my phone, or while I'm sitting in a meeting at work. Videos require me to devote more attention and be somewhere where I can put on headphones.

And I'd keep up the podcasts. They are nice to have on in the background while driving.

What he said.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
i like the podcasts. Especially the ones when you breakdown ISU opponent. You actually put time and effort into it and you can tell, unlike other hack bloggers

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
Never watch videos. Read everything long or short. Can't wait until podcasts come out.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
Summary
1. CF rocks
2. All written content and podcasts are awesome.
3. Videos are ok but people spend a lot of time at work and on phone which is not best for videos
4. Bring back Cybookie

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I’ve often wondered how much of a “roleâ€￾ the non-Iowa State related content should play on this board. A quick survey of active threads seems to show a pretty even split between Iowa State sports related threads and threads involving other topics. While I’m not entirely sure how I come down on this, as this is first and foremost an Iowa State site, I do also come here to discuss news events, pro-sports, etc. Perhaps a way I can see this being utilized is through CF’s twitter account, by putting on twitter what threads are trending right now.

I just feel there is a lot of untapped potential for people who are maybe more casual Iowa State fans but appreciate a place to discuss current events, pro teams, etc.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I love the longer feature articles brought in by special contributors, but for a daily presence, I prefer the quick hitting updates. I don't really watch the videos that much, mostly because I check in during the work day.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I'd like to see more articles/interviews with potential football and basketball recruits.

Also, the podcasts with Blum are awesome.

Last edited:

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I'd listen to a podcast with you and blum 7 days a week.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Personally, I like the opinionated articles MUCH more than "news". I can get news, facts, etc from Twitter and would rather hear opinions, rumors (when they make sense), thoughts from CF.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron