Lexi Donarski entering transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiClone22

Mar 19, 2022
While admittedly disappointed to not see her play her final years at Iowa State, wishing only the best for Lexi.

She displayed nothing but toughness, talent and class while playing at Iowa State.

She excelled both on the court and academically.

She was Iowa State’s first McDonald’s All American recruit.

She will be playing for a well regarded coach in a strong league.

It will be fun to see her compete against the ACC teams.

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
Not getting all of the PG talk. Seems unlikely to be factor in this transfer to me. What coach is going to hand over the PG reigns to a 4th year college player who never played the position in college? I think it's a weird take on this.
She played it when Emily was on bench or in foul trouble!

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Eww. I want the best for her and hope she has great success, but I have to admit that seeing her in Carolina Blue made me cringe a little bit. :confused:

I don't root for any UNC programs...but I have been to Chapel Hill once...and as much as it pains me to say it...that campus is awesome! It is an impressive college town for sure...as far as basketball goes...I wish Lexi nothing but the best!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Hoping we eventually hear her talk about why she transferred so there is some closure with her leaving.

Not sure how accurate the story I heard is but her transfer possibly had more to do with her academics and going to a school with a good program than it was for basketball reasons. It looks like her major is in marketing and management so the 2 schools we heard the most buzz around were UNC and Indiana which just happen to have strong business schools and MBA programs. Take it for what it's worth I guess but I have no issue with someone wanting to transfer when it benefits their academic goals. Same source I heard this story from also heard that Iowa wanted her bad too but I don't think we ever heard anything tied to her considering them which again would support the notion if she was only looking at schools with certain academic programs Iowa isn't going to fit that criteria for a top business college.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Hoping we eventually hear her talk about why she transferred so there is some closure with her leaving.

Not sure how accurate the story I heard is but her transfer possibly had more to do with her academics and going to a school with a good program than it was for basketball reasons. It looks like her major is in marketing and management so the 2 schools we heard the most buzz around were UNC and Indiana which just happen to have strong business schools and MBA programs. Take it for what it's worth I guess but I have no issue with someone wanting to transfer when it benefits their academic goals. Same source I heard this story from also heard that Iowa wanted her bad too but I don't think we ever heard anything tied to her considering them which again would support the notion if she was only looking at schools with certain academic programs Iowa isn't going to fit that criteria for a top business college.

I have no problem with any young adult who transfers...it is their choice! Their choice to deal with the fallout as well. I won't follow her much but may occassionally check in on her performance but if this move leaves her happier for whatever reasons...good for her! As a Cyclone fan I wish she had stayed...but she doesn't owe my fandom anything. I would like to hear her reasons for wanting to move on but she doesn't really even owe me that! She played hard, repped the program and University well...she moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron