ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Are you looking for specific topics?

I am looking to have CF be a bit like Grantland is if that makes any sense - I want legions of Cyclone bloggers but here is the kicker - I don't want folks writing just to write. I want them to write with purpose. Maybe it is only once or twice a year but if the blog is kick *** enough, that's awesome you know?

Hopefully that sheds some light on the project.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I am looking to have CF be a bit like Grantland is if that makes any sense - I want legions of Cyclone bloggers but here is the kicker - I don't want folks writing just to write. I want them to write with purpose. Maybe it is only once or twice a year but if the blog is kick *** enough, that's awesome you know?

So, do you need to plan in advance? Or can we just submit something if we have it? I have an interest, but I don't want to make any commitment because I am not sure that I can follow-through and I don't want you to count on it.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX

Love that idea. CF and Grantland are my two most frequented websites. I will be in touch.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
How many words in a typical blog entry? My concentration tends to wander after shorter and shorter time periods lately and, if the entry has to be over 50 words, its likely to be addressing two or more unrelated incomplete topics.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines

Write with purpose, eh? I take this to mean that if a column sprinkles in mentions of NASCAR, Bondurant, dogs and veterinary crap, and offers keen insight like "Baylor is Baylor is Baylor" s/he'll shoot straight to the top of the list!!

CEO

Nov 27, 2009
Des Moines
Write with purpose, eh? I take this to mean that if a column sprinkles in mentions of NASCAR, Bondurant, dogs and veterinary crap, and offers keen insight like "Baylor is Baylor is Baylor" s/he'll shoot straight to the top of the list!!

[video=youtube;zAvXbAJjMxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAvXbAJjMxM[/video]

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Let my type you out some sample blogs. Will get on it as soon as I find some carbon papers for the old Underwood.

faulkner.jpg

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Great googley moogley, at 43 I must be considered a Senior Citizen on this board…do I get special Senior discount coupons? Like better coupon deals than CycloneErik?
I’d be interested in attempting this “blogging” thing…but how do I get my pieces from my typewriter to the interwebs? Perhaps I can mail them to Chris? Or I’ve heard of this new fangled device called a facsimile machine that might be an option…I am saving up for a word processor so maybe that will make it easier…

Now excuse me while I go take my Geritol…

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
I'm going to preemptively remove myself from the conversation. The last time I wrote for a Cyclone website, the site got bought by a guy who shows up as only asteriks if you try to type his name here, the manager turned into a giant d-bag, and Cee Dubya left in a huff.

I'm pretty sure none of these things had anything to do with me, but just in case..........

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I'm going to preemptively remove myself from the conversation. The last time I wrote for a Cyclone website, the site got bought by a guy who shows up as only asteriks if you try to type his name here, the manager turned into a giant d-bag, and Cee Dubya left in a huff.

I'm pretty sure none of these things had anything to do with me, but just in case..........

As somebody who hasn't been on the board since 2006, this sounds like an excellent story. Could be a great blog entry...