Alert: Looking for bloggers

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Fanatics - Ideally, these folks would be either A) extremely passionate fans of the Cyclones and/or B) young people (or older people, whatever) looking to eventually have some sort of a career in sportswriting.

What about people who are more inclined towards video? Would you be interested in someone who could 'vlog'? I have some ideas that I have story ideas, and the only thing I need is a video camera (thinking about purchasing one) and some raw footage.

Last edited:

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
What about people who are more inclined towards video? Would you be interested in someone who could 'vlog'? I have some ideas that I have story ideas, and the only thing I need is a video camera and some raw footage.

I don't want to see you or anything "raw" about you, thanks very much. Go back to being Neil Patrick Harris.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I'm going to preemptively remove myself from the conversation. The last time I wrote for a Cyclone website, the site got bought by a guy who shows up as only asteriks if you try to type his name here, the manager turned into a giant d-bag, and Cee Dubya left in a huff.

I'm pretty sure none of these things had anything to do with me, but just in case..........
any good headed human sees the correlation. Ftr your posts were like prime rib, followed by a key lime pie. Delicious.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
As somebody who hasn't been on the board since 2006, this sounds like an excellent story. Could be a great blog entry...

The story doesn't involve CF. One of the previous free/pay combinations. And I'll never blog about it.

But if you we ever meet up in real life, I will speak for beer. Or brats. Or chili cheese fries.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
any good headed human sees the correlation. Ftr your posts were like prime rib, followed by a key lime pie. Delicious.

Thanks. I appreciate the love.

One of my personal favorites was the series I wrote from the Big 12 basketball tournament. I woke up hungover each morning, tossed off a full (and by "full", I mean "overly wordy") column in 45 minutes, emailed it to Cee Dub, and headed up to Harpo's in Westport to have their chili cheese fries for breakfast.

That, and the football column I wrote one week after a particularly bad ISU loss where I spent the whole thing comparing & contrasting Patrick Swayze movies. I think I only spent about three sentences talking about the game. I'd like to think that Cee Dub and Opie got just a wee bit of their current excellence from yours truly.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

One of my personal favorites was the series I wrote from the Big 12 basketball tournament. I woke up hungover each morning, tossed off a full (and by "full", I mean "overly wordy") column in 45 minutes, emailed it to Cee Dub, and headed up to Harpo's in Westport to have their chili cheese fries for breakfast.

That, and the football column I wrote one week after a particularly bad ISU loss where I spent the whole thing comparing & contrasting Patrick Swayze movies. I think I only spent about three sentences talking about the game. I'd like to think that Cee Dub and Opie got just a wee bit of their current excellence from yours truly.
I damn near made a t-shirt with your photo and installed myself as president of your fan club after reading some of those articles. But it seemed creepy ;)

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
How much is the pay? As an older person, I expect a higher salary for my valuable life experiences...and an early retirement.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

Bob here has been my idol for damn near a decade now. I drink Shiner because of him too.

IAStFan

May 1, 2006
Write with purpose, eh? I take this to mean that if a column sprinkles in mentions of NASCAR, Bondurant, dogs and veterinary crap, and offers keen insight like "Baylor is Baylor is Baylor" s/he'll shoot straight to the top of the list!!

Hahaha.

Nom nom nom.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I am looking to have CF be a bit like Grantland is if that makes any sense - I want legions of Cyclone bloggers but here is the kicker - I don't want folks writing just to write. I want them to write with purpose. Maybe it is only once or twice a year but if the blog is kick *** enough, that's awesome you know?

Hopefully that sheds some light on the project.

Grantland template explains a lot.

(Also answers my question about "frequency" and focus.)

We have so many CF'ers with areas of interest & expertise, this plan could be stratospheric.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Thanks for all of the PM's everybody. I won't lie - I am a bit overwhelmed with them, in a good way. I expected five or six people to reach out. I have received at least 30. I will get back to all of you but it probably won't be until early next week. Thanks again for your interest in this project!