Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

With all the turmoil, I'm starting to wonder if Marvel Studios eventually just drops The Kang Dynasty. Unlike others, I've loved Kang's role in the MCU so far, so I hope they don't.

IMO stuff is looking worse for Majors. More people coming out, etc. I wonder if he gets recast or something.

I also think overall, this hiring indie filmmakers thing needs to stop. They've had their most success with the Russo's and people like that who make TV. Stick with that formula. Without hiring serious indie filmmakers we probably never get Black Panther, but we also don't get some of the weird stuff like Captain Marvel, the Eternals, etc. that just doensn't work IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: clone4life82

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
I haven't seen the marvels yet, but Loki season 2 could be the wrap on Kang if they like. The quicker they can get to Dr Doom the better.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I haven't seen the marvels yet, but Loki season 2 could be the wrap on Kang if they like. The quicker they can get to Dr Doom the better.
Yeah, having consumed most of the things Marvel has rolled out in the past couple years, the multiverse stuff just doesn't translate well into a series of feature films, and they might be best served to make a clean break from most of the characters of the past and put the effort into nailing Fantastic Four and the X-Men reboots. There's a ton of material there.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Jonathan Majors fired by Marvel. Wonder if they will recast the role or do major reshaping of their future content plans…

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
From the trailers, Disney's Echo looks as violent as anything that Netflix put out. Definitely a new direction for them.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
From the trailers, Disney's Echo looks as violent as anything that Netflix put out. Definitely a new direction for them.

While I'm not optimistic about this series, I will admit the trailers are intriguing. I guess we will learn soon enough.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

Did you see that leaked "fight" scene between Echo and Daredevil floating around? It features hillariously bad choreography.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Did you see that leaked "fight" scene between Echo and Daredevil floating around? It features hillariously bad choreography.

Yeah, I wonder how finished that footage is. I remember the 2009 Wolverine full movie leaked without finished special effects before its theatrical release and everybody laughed at how bad it was, in the end it didn't look any worse than the previous three X-Men movies and I think a lot of people never even watched the finished movie (opinions about that Deadpool aside). At the time everybody was still ripping/burning netflix physical discs so any nerd could easily download the thing and burn a DVD easily, a ton of people watched the whole movie that way. A lot of people probably just watched it on a crappy 2009 laptop which is even worse.

I liked this character in the Hawkeye series and liked her scenes, actually liked the Hawkeye series the most of all of these Disney Marvel series and was not expecting to like it, but in that clip she really does not look very athletic.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yeah, I wonder how finished that footage is. I remember the 2009 Wolverine full movie leaked without finished special effects before its theatrical release and everybody laughed at how bad it was, in the end it didn't look any worse than the previous three X-Men movies and I think a lot of people never even watched the finished movie (opinions about that Deadpool aside). At the time everybody was still ripping/burning netflix physical discs so any nerd could easily download the thing and burn a DVD easily, a ton of people watched the whole movie that way. A lot of people probably just watched it on a crappy 2009 laptop which is even worse.

I liked this character in the Hawkeye series and liked her scenes, actually liked the Hawkeye series the most of all of these Disney Marvel series and was not expecting to like it, but in that clip she really does not look very athletic.

Agreed. It could easily have been "practice footage" or something as well. I hope for Disney's sake it isn't finished footage. They desperately need a win.

Releasing the series all at once and review embargoing it until the day of release isn't a good sign.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Anyone had a chance to see any of the Echo series yet? Wondering your thoughts if you have. I'm still working my way through S2 of What If?, with only one episode remaining. I've also started Monarch: Legacy of Monsters too here recently, so unsure when I might eventually even get to Echo. Legacy of Monsters is great so far FYI.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Anyone had a chance to see any of the Echo series yet? Wondering your thoughts if you have. I'm still working my way through S2 of What If?, with only one episode remaining. I've also started Monarch: Legacy of Monsters too here recently, so unsure when I might eventually even get to Echo. Legacy of Monsters is great so far FYI.

I watched the first episode last night before going to bed, and honestly I thought it was pretty good; it certainly surpassed my expectations going in, especially considering all of the negative press that accompanied it.

The fight scene in question between Echo and Daredevil did look highly choreographed, which IMO defeats the purpose of having good fight choreography, but I thought the first fight scene leading up to it was pretty well done and I liked having much of it being silent to give you the perspective from Maya's POV.

I'll definitely keep watching. If nothing else the cast is outstanding; Graham Greene, the guy who plays Maya's father, one of the actresses from "Flowers of the Moon", plus Vincent D'Onofrio is just outstanding as the Kingpin.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
How is S2 of What If? I thought season 1 was hit or miss and was debating tackling the second one.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
How is S2 of What If? I thought season 1 was hit or miss and was debating tackling the second one.

I really enjoyed season 2. They didn't try as hard to shoehorn everything into a connecting narrative in season 2, though they still have a pretty wild finale.

For the ongoing discussion, I'll skip Echo. I'm just not really interested, and if it's as violent as people have hinted at, I'm not watching that with my kiddo around.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I have enjoyed Legacy of Monsters quite a bit. I won’t spoil anything but await to hear your thoughts, particularly on the pacing of the show as you get into it more.

I enjoyed Echo Episode 1 surprisingly. Nothing out of this world but I enjoyed the serious tone. We shall see where it goes.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
The ads for Echo got me more excited than I thought I would be. Was surprised how gritty and dark it looked. Looking forward to giving it a shot. Vincent as Kingpin and Charlie as Daredevil is going to get me to watch most anything

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron