McD post game interview

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
so basically a whole bunch of fans think that a freshman player is more important than that coach, and the AD should pick the player over the coach, firing the coach so the player will stay?

Do I have that right?

No, it's because of the 10 odd number that he would be following. Granted maybe some of them shouldn't have been here in the first place but the number of players he has lost since he was hired is just ridonkulous.

cyclonezing

Dec 1, 2009
Burlington, IA
Im sure Colvin isnt that bad. McDermott is just a small time coach and needs to understand that at this level you have to put up with egos from very talented players. First Wes and now ?

Reactions: CTTB78

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
No, it's because of the 10 odd number that he would be following. Granted maybe some of them shouldn't have been here in the first place but the number of players he has lost since he was hired is just ridonkulous.

And yet there is a bring Tim Floyd back thread on here.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
so basically a whole bunch of fans think that a freshman player is more important than that coach, and the AD should pick the player over the coach, firing the coach so the player will stay?

Do I have that right?

You cant force someone to be who they aren't... The residual effects of Colvin transferring could be devastating. We already know he was very popular on the AAU and Chicago seen and the basketball world is small, word travels fast. This could shut us off to ALOT of recruits. When your most famous former player is a transfer and you lose a top 100 player to transfer, it doesn't look good.

Reactions: CyGuy33

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Im sure Colvin isnt that bad. McDermott is just a small time coach and needs to understand that at this level you have to put up with egos from very talented players. First Wes and now ?
ehh i wouldnt say that. I remember during the Bradley game Colvin pushed a dude and got up in his face during a timeout.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA

I think the 7 or 8 that transferred when he initially took the job should not be looked at as a reflection upon him. Players transfer all the time during regime changes and with McD's contrasting style to that of Morgan's, both in scheme and coaching, then it would make sense to lose a bulk of that initial team.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

I would say Wes was the main problem there. I wouldn't say that if he would have done the whole thing himself instead of pussing out. That said a lot about him to me.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I would say Wes was the main problem there. I wouldn't say that if he would have done the whole thing himself instead of pussing out. That said a lot about him to me.

I think he Wes thing has messed Mac up as a coach.

Help Support Us

Become a patron