McD post game interview

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Sounds like Mac isn't understanding how to mold the egos instead of trying to change them all together... Colvin transferring unhappy could shut off Chicago all together...

This should mean something else, but I won't say it.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Hmmmm, interesting. Colvin is talented but if he is trouble off the court, that is something this team doesn't need. I don't know what to make of this. I want to support Mac. It is hard to win here. He hasn't had a ton of luck but what he has had is 5 years. I think he needs to make at least the NIT this year. If he doesn't, there may need to be a change. I don't know if it is his style or what the deal is. Maybe some wires are crossed between what he wants to do and what he is getting for kids, maybe it just isn't a fit. I don't know, but I do know I would like to see some success here again at some point.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
If there are off the court problems the kid should stay off the court until those problems are over. But I'm not a coach with games and money on the line so I can have a simplistic opinion.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
OH.... You're saying McDermott should get fired if he loses his best recruit in two years because he can't get the players behind him... I get it.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If there are off the court problems the kid should stay off the court until those problems are over. But I'm not a coach with games and money on the line so I can have a simplistic opinion.

I agree. I would have thought if he was going to transfer at semester he would have done it. I know some schools started this week.

CYCLONECORY

Mar 24, 2009
Huxley, Iowa
Sometimes to get a talent like Colvin, you have to put up with a lil more baggage. Basically because if you don't you will be playing Haluska and Peterson vs. Big 12 guards. and we know how successful that will be.

Reactions: CyGuy33

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Sometimes to get a talent like Colvin, you have to put up with a lil more baggage. Basically because if you don't you will be playing Haluska and Peterson vs. Big 12 guards. and we know how successful that will be.

At some point enough is enough though. We don't know exactly how he is.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
so basically a whole bunch of fans think that a freshman player is more important than that coach, and the AD should pick the player over the coach, firing the coach so the player will stay?

Do I have that right?

Reactions: HOTDON

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
What if Colvin is a cancer and the team would be better without him?

If that is true, he should be riding pine.

I think everybody is frustrated and everybody including players and coaches are frustrated.

Frustration >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Apathy.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
Didn't watch the game, on an airplane to Orlando. I just find it hard to believe that McD did not bring this issue up with Colvin before tonight. Maybe it wasnt getting through. Its got to be frustrating has a coach to watch talent be wasted, which can be a fault of his own. Colvin has two options, man up and make the change or leave...

Help Support Us

Become a patron