FS: Mens Bball Tickets

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
Who cares. First of all, you are assuming he made his story up, but you don't know for sure. You seem to be trying to convince everyone that his story is made up to back your beef with the guy (i.e. throwing **** on the wall to see if it sticks).

IMO, kudos to the OP if he is able to make money off tickets he purchased. Even if that is why he bought the tickets (to flip them and make money), good for him. I wont be buying them, and it sounds like you wont either, but someone probably will, and that means what he is doing is OK.

If you believe that his story is legit, then you're going to need my business card soon.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
If you believe that his story is legit, then you're going to need my business card soon.

Never said I believed it, but I also have no factual information to prove it wrong. As a lawyer, you should probably understand the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. Additionally, as you seem to just throw accusations out there with NOTHING to back them up, if I ever needed a lawyer, I'm pretty sure I would look elsewhere.

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
Never said I believed it, but I also have no factual information to prove it wrong. As a lawyer, you should probably understand the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. Additionally, as you seem to just throw accusations out there with NOTHING to back them up, if I ever needed a lawyer, I'm pretty sure I would look elsewhere.

Now that's just the stupidest comment in this thread. This isn't a court of law and this isn't a criminal matter. You either believe it or you don't.

The OP buys 8 tickets at 8:00AM the day of the sales to the exact two games it unfortunately turns out his wife says he can't go to! Not that she doesn't want to go - HE can't go either. Darn the luck. And he's certainly not posting under a fake name because the day after he buys them, his first post (after joining in Oct. 2014) is to sell these tickets. And he says he just wants to get his money back! Except that's not just want he wants. And he's got them listed on Stubhub immediately as well.

But Chuckd needs a confession from the OP before he'd suspect anything.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Now that's just the stupidest comment in this thread. This isn't a court of law and this isn't a criminal matter.

The OP buys 8 tickets at 8:00AM the day of the sales to the exact two games it unfortunately turns out his wife says he can't go to! Not that she doesn't want to go - HE can't go either. Darn the luck. And he's certainly not posting under a fake name because the day after he buys them, his first post (after joining in Oct. 2014) is to sell these tickets. And he says he just wants to get his money back! Except that's not just want he wants. And he's got them listed on Stubhub immediately as well.

What if he bought single tickets to many conference games, and these are the only two he cant attend? With how fast those tickets went last Wednesday AM, it is very plausible that the OP just bought what he could without checking his schedule or with his wife to see if it would work out. Also, by saying he wants to make his money back, maybe he is trying to make his money back for all the single game tickets he bought by selling the ones he cant go to? What if this guy never posts on CF, and just causally lurks around (I would be willing to bet a vast majority of CF's traffic is from people who never post here and/or don't have an official user name), and he decided to create a name to sell tickets?

Last edited:

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
You have to love a "supposed" lawyer, of all people trying to call people out about how they make their money. Next time you give someone a bill, why don't you grab your calculator and divide it by 10, and then you can say that you don't rip someone off. Oh nevermind, you're probably a public defender. Carry on.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Now that's just the stupidest comment in this thread. This isn't a court of law and this isn't a criminal matter. You either believe it or you don't.

Unfortunately, with CF being a free site you get this sort of riffraff. If you want all good-intentioned Cyclone fans all the time there are pay sites for that. But I appreciate that CF is free and am willing to put up with these hooligans.

The time/arguing wasted responding in this thread likely would have been avoided if you just read the first post, realized he is just trying to make a buck, then left it at that..

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
What if he bought single tickets to many conference games, and these are the only two he cant attend? With how fast those tickets went last Wednesday AM, it is very plausible that the OP just bought what he could without checking his schedule or with his wife to see if it would work out. Also, by saying he wants to make his money back, maybe he is trying to make his money back for all the single game tickets he bought by selling the ones he cant go to? What if this guy never posts on CF, and just causally lurks around (I would be willing to bet a vast majority of CF's traffic is from people who never post here and/or don't have an official user name), and he decided to create a name to sell tickets?

I'm sure that's exactly how it happened. It's much more likely than what I posted. What bad luck the guy has.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I'm sure that's exactly how it happened. It's much more likely than what I posted. What bad luck the guy has.

You have no idea the reason this guy is doing what he is doing, and honestly, it really shouldn't matter nor should he have to disclose it. OP is not doing anything wrong or illegal. However, you don't like it so you're doing whatever you can to discredit him. Grow up, learn to ignore things you don't like, and move on. No reason for you to get up on your soap box and play Jesus.

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
You have no idea the reason this guy is doing what he is doing, and honestly, it really shouldn't matter nor should he have to disclose it. OP is not doing anything wrong or illegal. However, you don't like it so you're doing whatever you can to discredit him. Grow up, learn to ignore things you don't like, and move on. No reason for you to get up on your soap box and play Jesus.

I think you just described exactly what you've done in this thread.

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
You have to love a "supposed" lawyer, of all people trying to call people out about how they make their money. Next time you give someone a bill, why don't you grab your calculator and divide it by 10, and then you can say that you don't rip someone off. Oh nevermind, you're probably a public defender. Carry on.

Oh, Snap!

Attachments

• enhanced-buzz-21858-1302628427-7.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-21858-1302628427-7.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 38

WhatMeWorry

Feb 4, 2010
Urbandale
Maybe he's trying to re-coop the money he spent on tix he bought during the McD era. I know I still am.

Or maybe he's just trying to catch a buzz this weekend. I can relate.

The bottom line is there was a big window to get good season tix a few years back and if you didn't jump at that opportunity, that is your problem. Not the OP's.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Bottom line, if you have tickets you want to sell for basketball this year don't do it here unless you want to get attacked. Demand is high so prices will be high on the secondary market

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Bottom line, if you have tickets you want to sell for basketball this year while using a fabricated story for selling tickets to make a rather substantal profit don't do it here unless you want to get attacked. Demand is high so prices will be high on the secondary market

FIFY.

99% of CF posters don't give a crap if you sell tickets above face value. It all boils down to his BS story to flip tickets at a profit.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
FIFY.

99% of CF posters don't give a crap if you sell tickets above face value. It all boils down to his BS story to flip tickets at a profit.

Agreed you shouldn't make up a story, it really shouldn't matter why you're selling them in the first place

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Agreed you shouldn't make up a story, it really shouldn't matter why you're selling them in the first place

Agree....but those who say he is making up the story have nothing to back it up other then personal belief. Regardless, the OP was nearly forced to tell his story (or make one up) because LawyerClone jumped on him for the price he was asking.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Here's the issue: I know people on here don't like others selling tickets above face value, but by crucifying people who try this, they will just go to StubHub or other places so they don't have to deal with the grief of it. Then those tickets may go to opposing fans. If you have a problem with the price structure, email someone who can do something about it.