FS: Mens Bball Tickets

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Pretty soon we can move onto the topic of complaining about Cyclone Alley and students not showing up for games.
I do not care what he/ she chooses to attempt to sell their tickets for. It is up to them. Pay the price, offer them something less, but it is not my business if they choose to do that.
My neighbor has a great John Deere tractor I would love to have on my farm. He bought it at an auction to resell. Is he allowed to make money off of someone else that likes John Deere tractors? Or is he gouging them on the price? Just wondering.
Leave the OP alone.

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
Pretty soon we can move onto the topic of complaining about Cyclone Alley and students not showing up for games.
I do not care what he/ she chooses to attempt to sell their tickets for. It is up to them. Pay the price, offer them something less, but it is not my business if they choose to do that.
My neighbor has a great John Deere tractor I would love to have on my farm. He bought it at an auction to resell. Is he allowed to make money off of someone else that likes John Deere tractors? Or is he gouging them on the price? Just wondering.
Leave the OP alone.

The OP is really kind of bringing it up on himself.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Leave the OP alone.

Don't think I'm not waiting for the perfect opportunity to bump the DO NOT STORM THE COURT thread.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Leave the OP alone.

Your neighbor bought the tractor at an auction, these tickets were not.

Of course he can do what he wants with them, and likewise people can judge and ridicule him. It is clear from your example you are not understanding the reason for the criticism.

I hope he was not greedy enough in his asking price and ends up getting some UT fan narrowly out-bidding an ISU fan at 150/ticket...followed by JP steeply raising the cost of tickets next year.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Wow, the OP can sell THEIR tickets for however much they want. Free enterprise, supply/demand and all that stuff.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Wow, the OP can sell THEIR tickets for however much they want. Free enterprise, supply/demand and all that stuff.
There are a lot of things that individuals or corporations can do that obey the laws of economics but fall short of being above scrutiny or criticism.
The issue is not all Cyclone tickets are acquired in a true free market. The market is inefficient with too much utility going to those like the OP.

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
I have no problem with people selling tickets they can't use for market price. I do have a problem with people buying single game tickets for to sole purpose of scalping them 24 hours later. It's not illegal and certainly happens most everywhere. But to do it, post under presumably a fake CF name, and include some BS story about wife won't let me, I just need to get my money back is the height of douchebaggery. Oh man, tough break! The only games you got single game tickets to is the exact games your wife won't let you go! Well, I suppose instead of offering it to any Cyclone fans you personally know, you'll just have to go onto CF and Stubhub and try to make three times what you paid for them.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Your neighbor bought the tractor at an auction, these tickets were not.

Of course he can do what he wants with them, and likewise people can judge and ridicule him. It is clear from your example you are not understanding the reason for the criticism.

I hope he was not greedy enough in his asking price and ends up getting some UT fan narrowly out-bidding an ISU fan at 150/ticket...followed by JP steeply raising the cost of tickets next year.

What opportunity did the OP have that you did not? He has them, he can sell them.
The fact that you say people can judge and ridicule someone speaks volumes. Not the way I choose to live my life.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I guess i won't be trying to sell all my extra tix here for the games I can't go to.
I'll be drawn and quartered.

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
I guess i won't be trying to sell all my extra tix here for the games I can't go to.
I'll be drawn and quartered.

Extra tickets for games you can't go to or single game tickets you bought specifically to flip a day later?

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
Why can't you buy tickets to flip and sell them?

Iowa State could have sold these as season tickets, or could have sold them at true market price, which we all knew is far more than face value. They chose not to so that they could let people have a chance to get in to one or two games and not pay scalper price. It was a semi altruistic purpose and this poster used it to put some cash in his pocket.

This person took money that could have gone to Iowa State and/or from someone who would have bought season tickets and then creates a fake CF name and makes up a story about his wife not letting him go. I have no problem mocking him for such behavior.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa State could have sold these as season tickets, or could have sold them at true market price, which we all knew is far more than face value. They chose not to so that they could let people have a chance to get in to one or two games and not pay scalper price. It was a semi altruistic purpose and this poster used it to put some cash in his pocket.

This person took money that could have gone to Iowa State and/or from someone who would have bought season tickets and then creates a fake CF name and makes up a story about his wife not letting him go. I have no problem mocking him for such behavior.

I have season tickets and bought tickets to 3 extra games that went on sale strictly to either give to friends/family or to sell and make money off of them.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Who cares. First of all, you are assuming he made his story up, but you don't know for sure. You seem to be trying to convince everyone that his story is made up to back your beef with the guy (i.e. throwing **** on the wall to see if it sticks).

IMO, kudos to the OP if he is able to make money off tickets he purchased. Even if that is why he bought the tickets (to flip them and make money), good for him. I wont be buying them, and it sounds like you wont either, but someone probably will, and that means what he is doing is OK.