FS: Mens Bball Tickets

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
If this dude was smart, he would break the tickets down to first and second half and sell both for $85

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
Here's the issue: I know people on here don't like others selling tickets above face value, but by crucifying people who try this, they will just go to StubHub or other places so they don't have to deal with the grief of it. Then those tickets may go to opposing fans. If you have a problem with the price structure, email someone who can do something about it.

Lets all email Pollard!

Longest FS thread ever?
This is the only reason why I opened this thread

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
Agree....but those who say he is making up the story have nothing to back it up other then personal belief. Regardless, the OP was nearly forced to tell his story (or make one up) because LawyerClone jumped on him for the price he was asking.

Except that's not what happened. His first post on CF outside this thread said his wife nixed the idea. Then in this thread he talks about it being hard to go to 8PM games, even though it was one when he bought the tickets.

Last edited:

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
What if he bought single tickets to many conference games, and these are the only two he cant attend? With how fast those tickets went last Wednesday AM, it is very plausible that the OP just bought what he could without checking his schedule or with his wife to see if it would work out. Also, by saying he wants to make his money back, maybe he is trying to make his money back for all the single game tickets he bought by selling the ones he cant go to? What if this guy never posts on CF, and just causally lurks around (I would be willing to bet a vast majority of CF's traffic is from people who never post here and/or don't have an official user name), and he decided to create a name to sell tickets?

I can confirm the bolded, I've lurked on the site basically since it started. Would occasionally make an account, a lot of times to sell a ticket or get one, forget the account details, then make a new one later. Didn't start to actively participate until a few years ago.

I'm not really sure why people get up in arms over selling the tickets. There is a high demand and low supply. Isn't it pretty obvious that the cost would be high for the few tickets that'll be available. Who cares if he is making money, good for him for getting lucky and getting tickets. FWIW I tried to get two extra season tickets this year for my wife and 3 year old. No way they'd go to all of the games with me and my 5 year old, so you better believe I'd sell them off at the highest price to try and recoup some of my total cost for season tickets. It's one of the ways to make the cost of going games a little lower for a family on a budget.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Here's the issue: I know people on here don't like others selling tickets above face value, but by crucifying people who try this, they will just go to StubHub or other places so they don't have to deal with the grief of it. Then those tickets may go to opposing fans. If you have a problem with the price structure, email someone who can do something about it.

Very true. I know of more than one person that's given up on selling on this site due to it. People need to also understand that "face value" is almost never the true value of the ticket. Many tickets took a sizable donation to acquire (that isnt counted in the face value) and the success of the team obviously affects it as well (i didnt see people here complaining when someone wasnt selling for face when they unloaded their tickets for $5 during the mcdermott era)

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Except that's not what happened. His first post on CF outside this thread said his wife nixed the idea. Then in this thread he talks about it being hard to go to 8PM games, even though it was one when he bought the tickets.

I see you deleted your tax dollars being wasted comment, but Ill still respond. Short answer would be no they are not. I'm paid a salary to get a job done, and that job more than gets done. If you don't think its is, feel free to let my superiors know.

cyridda22

Oct 22, 2014

Jesus.....6 pages on this...WTF! I created a monster...come to me my children...muahhhhaaaaa

Cyclone Lawyer, you did a great job drumming traffic through this thread with your injustice plea. It served it's purpose. Thank you for helping me and good day to you sir!

Now go get them scalpers outside of Hilton! And BTW, which client are you billing all this expensive face time too?

Last edited: