Monte mentioned in federal documents

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
After looking at this document the numbers aren't that staggering. I think the biggest problem is for the NCAA, ya I know that's not going out on a limb. They look completely useless, clueless, and absolutely feckless. They have no control over their supposed reason for existing. They only continue so they can collect the huge CBS pay checks.

Time to dismantle the NCAA.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr Janny

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm guessing agents "accidentally" bump into players all the time. Read that as a condemnation of these slime balls rather than of Monte or his side of the encounter.

Exactly. I'm guessing there was a camp of some sort in Atlanta and agents were all over the area trying to scout for potential clients.

A quick google search showed that the Nike Basketball camp is in Atlanta.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
After looking at this document the numbers aren't that staggering. I think the biggest problem is for the NCAA, ya I know that's not going out on a limb. They look completely useless, clueless, and absolutely feckless. They have no control over their supposed reason for existing. They only continue so they can collect the huge CBS pay checks.

Time to dismantle the NCAA.
I actually agree with you on something?!? What the heck is going on here?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Exactly. I'm guessing there was a camp of some sort in Atlanta and agents were all over the area trying to scout for potential clients.

A quick google search showed that the Nike Basketball camp is in Atlanta.

I'd also imagine that agents note the basics of what they are up to so that they can expense meals, etc (and also to look like they're making the contacts). It's possible that he stopped and had a discussion with Monte (among others) and noted that.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I find this whole report to be underwhelming given the doomsday scenario that has been pitched the last few weeks.
agreed. There's some stuff in here, but not close to what earlier reports lead me to believe. Perhaps there's a lot more to come.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Prediction #1: You are correct that it will amount to nothing.

Prediction #2: The local radio shows and media will still lead with this today and tonight.
They will be all over it and loving every minute of it. They are probably tweeting like crazy right now

CRCy

Sep 13, 2016
Let's not count our chickens before they are hatched. Any team listed (or not listed) on this list isn't in the clear. This report is the tip of the iceberg to the actual ongoing investigation.

There will be A LOT more names and schools that will be linked. As of this very second the Morris link IS "no big deal" but let's hope that is all it amounts to when the rest of the evidence comes out and the investigation is complete.

• Disagree
Reactions: SerenityNow

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
much ado about nothing

View attachment 53743

Here's a thought:

Agents typically are not viewed as a the pillars of honesty.

Monte and his family showed their integrity and character repeatedly including the help during the Flint water crisis.

Could it be that the agent simply listed a random player on a receipt so HE could get reimbursed/be able to write off the expense?

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I find this whole report to be underwhelming given the doomsday scenario that has been pitched the last few weeks.
There is no way this is anywhere close to the whole story. The FBI does not investigate small loans and free meals. Based on the numbers dropped when Pitino got fired and the mere presence of the FBI, this is tip of the iceberg.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Allikat

Help Support Us

Become a patron