Morgan Kane has entered the transfer portal

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Shock to me because I thought she was done playing. Guess not!
Great woman - certainly wish her the best.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
We had known MEM and Kane were leaving -- they participated in senior night and it was mentioned in various articles this was their last season. The only question was whether they were done with basketball or playing an extra season elsewhere as a grad transfer.
Yea the situations with Morgan and Maggie seemed like the reason the Grad Transfer rule was created. It could be a great way of saving $30k plus on a master degree.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I thought she might stay now that the NCAA has dumped on ISU for no particular reason, once again.. I was really looking forward to seeing Stephanie play next year. Good luck to her.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Yea the situations with Morgan and Maggie seemed like the reason the Grad Transfer rule was created. It could be a great way of saving $30k plus on a master degree.
Do grad transfers have to be working towards a masters?

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I thought she might stay now that the NCAA has dumped on ISU for no particular reason, once again.. I was really looking forward to seeing Stephanie play next year. Good luck to her.
Maybe Bill recommended entering the portal

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Bill seems to love Morgan as a player and a person. If she decided she wanted to work on her grad degree at ISU and play another season here, I'm sure she'd be very welcome to do it.
Totally agree. Bill put the net around her neck and said love you to her. My guess is trying to get with a team to go toward her dream job and maybe closer to her family.

Reactions: AlCyJim

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Totally agree. Bill put the net around her neck and said love you to her. My guess is trying to get with a team to go toward her dream job and maybe closer to her family.

True. After Bill came down the ladder after cutting down the net in KC, he immediately put it around Morgan's neck! She smiled and in less than a minute, put the net on the Big 12 trophy.

Reactions: NWICY

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
She would have been the presumed starter playing with one of the best backcourts in the country, makes no sense imo

Especially with Soares not getting the waiver