Most Hated Beer(s)?

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
All fruity/flavored beers. Pumpkin beer? Berry flavored beer? Seriously? That **** is disgusting.

Any and all "low carb" beers - Mich Ultra, Miller 64, etc. What's the point? If you're going to drink beer, drink beer people.

Corona. I've never understood the appeal of that crap.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
All fruity/flavored beers. Pumpkin beer? Berry flavored beer? Seriously? That **** is disgusting.

Any and all "low carb" beers - Mich Ultra, Miller 64, etc. What's the point? If you're going to drink beer, drink beer people.

Corona. I've never understood the appeal of that crap.

I'm with you on Miller 64, that **** is horrible

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Tastes like cough syrup.
Gunna have to try that one now.

I'm with those against IPAs. I'm also not a Porter fan.. Nothing more refreshing than drinking some charcoal.
Brands that are overrated: Heineken and New Belgium (specifically Fat Tire).

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
Steel Reserve, but I'm not sure if it's really beer or just antifreeze and fizzy water.
This gets my vote too but when Steele was playing I drank it before every game while wearing my superman 2 shirt

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
Nothing earth shattering in my answers..

Miller lite,
corona,
and I am going to throw out Guinness.

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
I used to like Rolling Rock when it was its own brand. Then AB got their hands on it, tinkered with the formula and turned it into Bud Light V2.0. Won't touch that stuff now.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I know I'll get hate for this, but Grain Belt sucks
You're right, I hate you a little bit right now. Miller lite is awful. I had Sam Addams Winter Ale at a party in college, it was a bad night and it was a bad beer.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Whoever said Milwaukee's Best is correct. My brother-in-law brought over a pack of that some time ago. He ended up drinking it all because that stuff is terrible. I don't know how he did it ... seriously, it's like something crawled into the can and died in there, but then you're supposed to drink it?

I also don't care for the hoppy IPAs, but I know that's a personal preference. Hey, you want a bitter, sour beer that bites you in the palate? Knock yourself out. I prefer a nice full-bodied tasty stout myself.

I also tried a smoke beer once. Once. All but two sips went down the drain. Like taking a drink out of a factory smokestack.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
New Glarus Spotted Cow. People act like it's ambrosia, but it's very ho-hum (their Moon Man is a much better beer).

I think the "only available in Wisconsin" exclusivity adds some mystique, sort of like New Belgium and Templeton Rye before they were available all over the place.

New Glarus makes some stellar beers... Spotted Cow is/was for the light beer drinkers. Smart marketing, as sales of it pretty much launched everything else. I also agree with you though, it's very, very ho hum.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron