Most Hated Beer(s)?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
These are the two beers I drink, love them both. I think once you switch to craft beer, you don't deserve to have an opinion on domestics because they will all suck.

I don't necessarily hate any domestic beer; it's just that they don't really taste like anything. You have a good point about the craft beer though...I think once you start drinking craft or microbrews your expectations change. When you drink a beer you want to taste it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
My least favorite is Kingfisher. No matter where you go in India, they serve Kingfisher. It is like the Bud of India, but worse. The company must operate like a cartel.

And I continue to be disappointed that not only can I not find an IPA in India, but I can't even find a bartender who knows what it is.

They only know about Kingfisher, Carlsbad, Heineken, Fosters, and other really horrible Indian "super strong" beers (which really means "not-watered down") like Horse Power and Vorion 12000. I'm still waiting to find an Indian beer that I like even at a basic level.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Anything in a clear bottle, especially Corona. Why anyone puts beer in a clear bottle is beyond me. It makes the beer taste skunky. Light no make beer happy! Cmon, its science people!

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
First beer I ever had was a Falstaff that my cousin and I found in my grandfather's basement next to the boiler. We figured it'd been down there for about 5 years and he'd never notice once gone. Beer was probably 5 degrees above room temperature most of that time. After taking our first sip, we revised our 5 year estimate up to 10.

I'd still drink one of those before another Miller Lite. Gawdawful.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
My grocery store only carries one flavor in a six pack of cans.

So I bought a Heineken 6 pack for $9. On what planet is Heineken a premium beer? Pabst kicks this beers *** at half of the price

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
Stella. It's just so eh, and the kind of people that primarily drink Stella all need to be punched in the face.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm going to throw out a few I haven't seen mentioned or rarely mentioned that many would probably argue with me about.

Guinness and Fat Tire. Guinness tastes like ******* motor oil to me and Fat Tire is the Long John Silvers of beer. I always think "I haven't gotten that in a while, let's try it." Then I regret getting it every. Single. Time.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
All the expensive crap. Real me drink Ol Milwaukee's Best Light :smile:

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. (This probably applies to most summer shandy beers as well.)

I hate how people and liquor stores go nuts with these in the summer. The beer is basically ruined with lemonade dumped in it, yet people still enjoy it.

harty83

Nov 15, 2006
Sioux Falls SD
Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. (This probably applies to most summer shandy beers as well.)

I hate how people and liquor stores go nuts with these in the summer. The beer is basically ruined with lemonade dumped in it, yet people still enjoy it.

Liquor stores go nuts because people buy a ******** of it.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Evil Eye and Michelob Ultra, I couldn't drink more than a sip of either one for some reason.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Probably the worst tasting crap I've ever had!

images

There's a reason this is like $12 a case.

Last edited:

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I know that it's technically not beer, but anything that comes in a can with -a-rita in its name is certifiably loathsome.

TOFB4ISU

Nov 6, 2010
The QC
I was served PBR in cans at a fancy banquet in China, and thought what the hell?

Some IPAs can be over the top . . . .