Most Hated Beer(s)?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
PBR - People think it's cool. It tastes terrible.
Heineken - People think it's cool. it tastes terrible.

I like EPAs and IPAs but understand how people don't. One of the simple pleasures in my life is watching people that don't like EPAs and IPAs try one. I cherish the look on their face and the cuss words that come out of their mouth every time they try them.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
flying-dog-doggie-style.jpg

The single worst, most rancid beer I have ever tasted. There was absolutely nothing redeemable about the taste of that beer. Can't remember if I even made it past the first sip.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I don't really like to hate on Bud, Miller, etc. They are cheap beers that have very little taste. They are like the Honda Civic of the car world, they don't cost much and will reliably get you from point a to point b.

Here are a few of the brewers in the craft world where I haven't liked one thing they've produced:

Abita
Lost Coast
Zipline
Red Hook
Twisted Vine
Backpocket
Brau Borthers
Empyrean
Hinterland

I've liked a few Ruque beers but any pink bottle(vodoo) they have is disgusting.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
PBR - People think it's cool. It tastes terrible.
Heineken - People think it's cool. it tastes terrible.

I like EPAs and IPAs but understand how people don't. One of the simple pleasures in my life is watching people that don't like EPAs and IPAs try one. I cherish the look on their face and the cuss words that come out of their mouth every time they try them.

My Girlfriend is like this, she always wants to see if she can find one she likes. It is pretty fun to watch it happen.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My Girlfriend is like this, she always wants to see if she can find one she likes. It is pretty fun to watch it happen.

Take her to Perth and order an Emu Bitter with a little ginger ale. If my exgf (aka texancrazywhitewomenwashingtonalumnibeerdespisinggf) liked it it is good for anyone that doesn't like bitter ales.

EmuBitter.jpg

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
I don't really like to hate on Bud, Miller, etc. They are cheap beers that have very little taste. They are like the Honda Civic of the car world, they don't cost much and will reliably get you from point a to point b.

Here are a few of the brewers in the craft world where I haven't liked one thing they've produced:

Abita
Lost Coast
Zipline
Red Hook
Twisted Vine
Backpocket
Brau Borthers
Empyrean
Hinterland

I've liked a few Ruque beers but any pink bottle(vodoo) they have is disgusting.

I need to step in to defend Brau Brothers - love that brewery.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Take her to Perth and order an Emu Bitter with a little ginger ale. If my exgf (aka texancrazywhitewomenwashingtonalumnibeerdespisinggf) liked it it is good for anyone that doesn't like bitter ales.

EmuBitter.jpg

No way, I like her not liking bitter beers. Keeps her outta my fridge.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I need to step in to defend Brau Brothers - love that brewery.

Maybe I need to try something different from them. So far I've just tried the Moo Joo Milk Stout which was just average and some scotch ale, which isn't a style that I like. I haven't seen an IPA from them.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Maybe I need to try something different from them. So far I've just tried the Moo Joo Milk Stout which was just average and some scotch ale, which isn't a style that I like. I haven't seen an IPA from them.

Sheephead is solid.

Backpocket does a good job with their beers, I'm just not frequently in the mood for maltier beers.

Red Hook Longhammer is a very decent regular IPA.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
Abita is terrible.

Brau Brothers is okay. Nothing spectacular, but definitely nothing to warrant putting them in the "hated" category.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Any domestic that doesn't come from Anheuser Busch, Coors sucks, Miller sucks. Busch Light and Bud Light for days

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Sometimes I wonder if this is the only thing keeping Bud Light in business. Honestly. Every type of large gathering, from Super Bowl parties to business conferences to wedding receptions inevitably serves Bud Light because they have to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Similarly, if an event like that feels they need to have at least one import option, it's always Heineken. I can just see the organizers thinking "well, we should have something upscale and fancy, too...Heineken's from Germany or something, let's go with that!"

These are the two beers I drink, love them both. I think once you switch to craft beer, you don't deserve to have an opinion on domestics because they will all suck.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron