Most Recent Lunardi Bracketology

IST8CIVILENGR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburg, KS
After the win last night, the latest project has us as a 4 seed. What a job this group of kids, and staff have done!

Before someone starts, yes we know that there is alot of basketball left to be played, and it’s far too early to be thinking about this. It’s just really refreshing to see after what we just got done enduring for the last few years.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Weird beating this iowa team has changed how we're perceived. They aren't good, their close games with Purdue and Illinois say more about those teams than iowa.

Iowa has a pretty decent team. Not quite as good as going into Hilton -5, but still good. I'd guess mid-pack Big Ten if cornered.

IST8CIVILENGR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburg, KS
I will throw this out there. If Tre becomes eligible and fits in right away...........ISU will be fighting for the conference title.

Would love to see this, but there are some solid teams, I am really worried about our O, off nights by both Brockington and Kalscheur are just not something that I see as something that we can overcome against the top teams in our league.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Would love to see this, but there are some solid teams, I am really worried about our O, off nights by both Brockington and Kalscheur are just not something that I see as something that we can overcome against the top teams in our league.
You’re right, one of them probably needs to score a decent amount for us to win, but the defense will keep us competitive when they are struggling.

Reactions: CyNews

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Weird beating this iowa team has changed how we're perceived. They aren't good, their close games with Purdue and Illinois say more about those teams than iowa.

I think we have beaten a group of bubble teams (although not sure Memphis is a bubble team anymore)

Creighton
Xavier
Iowa
Memphis

Descending order of likely to make tourney

Makes sense - We hoped we might find a way to get on the bubble this year. Done best we could do in the non-con by beating other bubbles. now we have to find, I think, 7 wins in the Big XII and all of sudden that doesn't look like a crazy ask.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

We are a solid team. And like I said........IF Tre is eligible and fits in. Right now I think the guys are in the top 4. Right now I think they can take anyone in the conference. Off nights sure.....bad matchups, absolutely. Heck until the last two years Steve Prohm had coach Beard's number at TTU. Even their final four year. So you are going to have some things.....but there is always two sides to every coin. We will be a matchup problem for other good teams as well.

I was wrong about 15 wins and about this being a bubble team. I truly think if Tre get eligible and fits in.........they could win the whole ball of wax(conference). Just like LE did back in 99-00 when they were picked to finish 9th and ended up 14-2. Heck, they might do it without Tre.

Reactions: RezClone

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I think we have beaten a group of bubble teams (although not sure Memphis is a bubble team anymore)

Creighton
Xavier
Iowa
Memphis

Descending order of likely to make tourney

Makes sense - We hoped we might find a way to get on the bubble this year. Done best we could do in the non-con by beating other bubbles. now we have to find, I think, 7 wins in the Big XII and all of sudden that doesn't look like a crazy ask.

I think you may be right, and it may yet bear out that we've beaten some bubble teams that were probably not as good as they appeared at the time we beat them.

On the other hand, we're not only winning every one of these games without a single letdown, we're manhandling them. Admittedly, I'm still having trouble reconciling what I'm seeing with my minimal expectations for this year, but if we maintain this level of effort and the league proves as strong as it's believed to be, I think we're comfortably in. (Obviously that's a big "if" and there's a lot of ball left to be played.)

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
We are a solid team. And like I said........IF Tre is eligible and fits in. Right now I think the guys are in the top 4. Right now I think they can take anyone in the conference. Off nights sure.....bad matchups, absolutely. Heck until the last two years Steve Prohm had coach Beard's number at TTU. Even their final four year. So you are going to have some things.....but there is always two sides to every coin. We will be a matchup problem for other good teams as well.

I was wrong about 15 wins and about this being a bubble team. I truly think if Tre get eligible and fits in.........they could win the whole ball of wax(conference). Just like LE did back in 99-00 when they were picked to finish 9th and ended up 14-2. Heck, they might do it without Tre.

Lots of people bring up that year for preseason expectations vs. actual results. Someone - maybe it was even Walters on the radio, I don't remember - mentioned we were picked last.

But what poll or publication picked us so low? Because in the coaches' preseason poll we were picked 6th, though to be fair it was a pretty steep dropoff after 5th.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Obviously things will change between now and Selection Sunday quite a bit, but right now I'm really loving that projection from ESPN; playing in Milwaukee with a potential revenge matchup against UAB in the 2nd round if they spring the classic 12 over 5 upset? Sign me up.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
At what point will some of you people stop talking about the bubble? Lol. We are totally not even close to the bubble.

If you mean we're on the right side of the bubble, then I agree with you.

If you don't think that right now (which is what these projections are all about, right now) that we are comfortably in the NCAA tournament and are just writing that to be That Guy, then turn in your fan card.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Lots of people bring up that year for preseason expectations vs. actual results. Someone - maybe it was even Walters on the radio, I don't remember - mentioned we were picked last.

But what poll or publication picked us so low? Because in the coaches' preseason poll we were picked 6th, though to be fair it was a pretty steep dropoff after 5th.
There was an article in USA Today that year that picked ISU dead last in the Big 12. I'm not sure who pick them 9th.