Most Recent Lunardi Bracketology

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I figured students would be back on the 15th since classes start that Monday... That'd be a MASSIVE blow to lose them for 2/3 of the toughest home games of the year...
Yep I can confirm no students for Texas because their seats were sold to Jr cyclone club families.

• Informative
Reactions: cyfan92

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
What's to stop this team from winning the conference? Seriously? If we can continue to develop our offense, we should be right there at the end of the season. So far, we've completely destroyed the "good" teams on our schedule. No reason to think that trend stops when we hit conference play. 7-11 in the Big XII is a ******* joke.

Amen!

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Has anyone here who is petrified of the Big 12 actually watched any games and then paid attention to what happened in Hilton last night, against Xavier, Memphis and Creighton? Yes, it's a long, tough conference road. But that's goes for every team, not just ISU. I think the winner might have 4 losses this year. Maybe 5. You don't think ISU is capable of a 14-4 or 13-5 conference record? With all due respect I think you are wrong......as wrong as you can be. This team is very capable and outside of injuries.......I think will do it.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
I know the less secure among us want to roll out the "Mepmhis, Creighton, Iowa and Xavier really aren't that good" tripe but we destroyed these teams. How many other high majors have destroyed 4 other high majors? How many have destroyed 3 on the road or at neutral sites. I watched Kansas. They don't seem like the unbeatable Kansas of old. Baylor is probably the only team in the conference that scares me.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Has anyone here who is petrified of the Big 12 actually watched any games and then paid attention to what happened in Hilton last night, against Xavier, Memphis and Creighton? Yes, it's a long, tough conference road. But that's goes for every team, not just ISU. I think the winner might have 4 losses this year. Maybe 5. You don't think ISU is capable of a 14-4 or 13-5 conference record? With all due respect I think you are wrong......as wrong as you can be. This team is very capable and outside of injuries.......I think will do it.
Tbh, I don't know what to think...I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and then we BRUTALIZE a solid Iowa team that wants to beat us badly...this team is truly something else. It's f*cking AWESOME.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Tbh, I don't know what to think...I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and then we BRUTALIZE a solid Iowa team that wants to beat us badly...this team is truly something else. It's f*cking AWESOME.

This is where I'm at as well. Every game I think well...this is where we lose. Then we just look even better than the last game.

Reactions: MeanDean

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Thanks Iowa. The win last night wasn't even a Quad 1 win, it has slipped to Q2.

1639172043886.png

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
The bottom of the Big Ten is bad. Rutgers lost at home to a 1-4 team. The top of the Big Ten is wildly inconsistent so far. Ohio State might be the most inconsistent team imaginable looking at their Duke win and some of the teams they barely beat.

Iowa is going to end up around .500 and a bubble team because the Big Ten just isn't the juggernaut the media wants it to be. Fran is .500 career in the conference and that's about where they'll be again.

Big 12 will be the strongest conference as it has been nearly every year for nearly a decade. Then ACC as it is usually the second toughest. Then SEC and Big Ten will be 3rd or 4th. Big East seems a little down compared to some years.

Pac is the eternal question mark. Last year they were incorrectly labeled as the 7th best conference but were the best or second best in the NCAA tourney depending on how much credit you give the Big 12 for having the champ.

You're a little off. The Big East beat the B1G in the Gavitt games and in general is the second best conference this year. The ACC is the conference that is way down. Besides Duke none of their teams are ranked. I wouldn't be surprised if they get 3-4 tourney bids this year instead of their usual 7-9.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
You're a little off. The Big East beat the B1G in the Gavitt games and in general is the second best conference this year. The ACC is the conference that is way down. Besides Duke none of their teams are ranked. I wouldn't be surprised if they get 3-4 tourney bids this year instead of their usual 7-9.
Current conference rankings.

1639177281931.png

• Informative
Reactions: Jkclone15

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
That NET ranking is just stupid, Big 12 could have 8 teams in the dance.
When humans, history/bias and emotions are added, sure. They explain that their bracket is SOLELY based on the current NET rankings, with highest NET in each conference being declared the AQ for that conference and the rest of the field filled in by just adding teams down the NET ranking ladder.

IcSyUclone

Mar 20, 2020
Agree. We're now switching from somehow finding a way to MAYBE make the Tourney to now planning on playing close to home.
PLAYOFFS?! (Mora)

I just wanted progress this year. Figured the only way to sniff a tournament would be if Foster turned into the early entry 5* we all hoped he would be and took this team kicking and screaming all the way to the NIT...

Still no clue where this season will take us but it's been one wild/ fun month!
Also, **** Iowa

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
With the way this team is playing I see no reason why they can't win 10+ games in the Big 12. Hell, just based on what I've seen so far I'd say 12-6 is a fair estimate. This team just has IT right now. Doesn't mean they won't win fewer, but if they keep improving there's no reason they can't.

Help Support Us

Become a patron