Must be nice….

StevieISU23

Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
If ISU Played in the Big10 West-
W,W,W Non-Con
W Rutgers
L Mich
L Illinois, (ISU won by 3 at AIB, and AIB only lost by 3 @Ill)......winnable....push.
L Ohio St.
W Northwestern....please
W Purdue , Hawks stomped them.
?? Wisc prob a push
W Minn, Minn doesn't have a QB, and our Run D would take care of Ibe.
W Neb....

(8-4, 9-3), depending on Wisc and Ill

depressing...

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Isn't a big10 west washout QB now doing pretty well as a Big12 starter of a top15 ranked team?
Not really. KState is all about Deuce Vaughn. Under Kleiman, AM is asked not to screw it up. Will Howard played way better, not sure why AM got his job back when he came back from injury.

Last edited:

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Not really. KState is all about Deuce Vaughn. Under Kleiman, AM is asked not to screw it up. Will Howard played way better, sure why AM got his job back when he came back from injury.
I have said it on here many times, and I will continue to say it, but Kansas State should have been playing Howard from the get go. That all fence is completely different with him in there. They might honestly only have one loss at this point.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
If ISU Played in the Big10 West-
W,W,W Non-Con
W Rutgers
L Mich
L Illinois, (ISU won by 3 at AIB, and AIB only lost by 3 @Ill)......winnable....push.
L Ohio St.
W Northwestern....please
W Purdue , Hawks stomped them.
?? Wisc prob a push
W Minn, Minn doesn't have a QB, and our Run D would take care of Ibe.
W Neb....

(8-4, 9-3), depending on Wisc and Ill

depressing...
A loss @ Ohio State really?

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
A loss @ Ohio State really?
Yes, unlike Huawk fans, Cyclones are more realistic. We have had years of reality stare us in the face, so we can accept it and not be so delusional. We know Iowa State will lose some games, where as Iowa fans think Iowa has never lost a game, but have had some stolen from them. #stopthesteal

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Or he played on a really bad Big 10 team, was tired of it, and wanted to play for a good team?

Man on man, if Iowa squeaks by the mighty Huskers, they are going to lose by 40-50 pts in Indianapolis. Should be ugly. Probably won't even watch.
That's why I would watch!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Iowa State is rated right around a lot of the Big Ten West minus Nebraska and Northwestern though.
21 Iowa
29 Minnesota
32 Iowa state
33 Illinois
34 wisconsin
44 Purdue

Like I think a lot of people have said a lot of tossups which Iowa State loses a lot minus Iowa ironically. It's impossible to know but gives us something to talk about
Yes because at some point losses matter. Based on all the non con data points the two leagues are drastically different. But some one still has to win games in a crap league and lose games in a good league.

It’s a lot like ISUs basketball season. They dominated non con, struggled in the Big 12, then beat LSU and Wisconsin before losing to Miami. People were trying to figure it out as if it’s some mystery, as if they were really good, then magically regressed instantly as soon as Big 12 play started only to suddenly fix themselves in the tournament. And their rankings weren’t great because even in a good conference you do have to actually win some games.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yes because at some point losses matter. Based on all the non con data points the two leagues are drastically different. But some one still has to win games in a crap league and lose games in a good league.

It’s a lot like ISUs basketball season. They dominated non con, struggled in the Big 12, then beat LSU and Wisconsin before losing to Miami. People were trying to figure it out as if it’s some mystery, as if they were really good, then magically regressed instantly as soon as Big 12 play started only to suddenly fix themselves in the tournament. And their rankings weren’t great because even in a good conference you do have to actually win some games.
Yeah but they're not if you look at their Sagarin ratings. The bottom 5/6 of the Big 12 are basically the same caliber as the top 5 of the B1G West.

20 Baylor
21 Iowa
28 OSU
29 Minnesota
31 Texas Tech
32 Iowa St.

33 Illinois
34 Wisconsin
44 Purdue

50 West Virginia
51 Kansas

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yeah but they're not if you look at their Sagarin ratings. The bottom 5/6 of the Big 12 are basically the same caliber as the top 5 of the B1G West.

20 Baylor
21 Iowa
28 OSU
29 Minnesota
31 Texas Tech
32 Iowa St.

33 Illinois
34 Wisconsin
44 Purdue

50 West Virginia
51 Kansas
I would consider the top of one division being close to the middle of the pack of another league to be a pretty drastic difference.

Now, I wouldn’t trust ISU to beat anyone this year. And I don’t want to take too much from any single game, but I think a last place team beating a first place team on the road while dominating YPP and ToP is one good data point. Oklahoma is 3-5 in the league and destroyed Nebraska. I would say something about Texas-Bama, but it’s hard to take anything from Texas without a massive grain of salt.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I would consider the top of one division being close to the middle of the pack of another league to be a pretty drastic difference.

Now, I wouldn’t trust ISU to beat anyone this year. And I don’t want to take too much from any single game, but I think a last place team beating a first place team on the road while dominating YPP and ToP is one good data point. Oklahoma is 3-5 in the league and destroyed Nebraska. I would say something about Texas-Bama, but it’s hard to take anything from Texas without a massive grain of salt.
Yeah I agree the B1G West, half of the conference, is bad, no doubt. But that's not much different from what's happening in the Big 12. Half of ISU's conference opponents are B1G West caliber teams.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Bucky also dominated yards etc. at Iowa.
They would not be any guarantee for ISU to beat.

I'm seeing ISU to beat Rutgers and NW which only gives them 5 at the moment (trade out WV). Everyone else comes down to a play or two or series and I'm not trusting ISU in that scenario since they couldn't do it vs. teams that are pretty average.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yeah I agree the B1G West, half of the conference, is bad, no doubt. But that's not much different from what's happening in the Big 12. Half of ISU's conference opponents are B1G West caliber teams.

O really? The B12 is the most balanced league in the country. The bottom half of the Big 12 is way better than any other conferences team. You will beat Nebby than get your **** pushed in by OSU or ScUM. Once the B10 loses division Iowa is ******.

But hey the Ohio State Hawkeyes are the flag beare in the r B10.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
O really? The B12 is the most balanced league in the country. The bottom half of the Big 12 is way better than any other conferences team. You will beat Nebby than get your **** pushed in by OSU or ScUM. Once the B10 loses division Iowa is ******.

But hey the Ohio State Hawkeyes are the flag beare in the r B10.
Not counting on getting by Nebby. But yeah whoever comes out of the west will get their **** pushed in by OSU or Mich.

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
They pursue the ball very well and generally have several players around the play.

ISU had plenty of chances to win just as many games and screwed themselves in the process.
‘…In the process’. I see what you did there.

Very nice!

Reactions: madguy30

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Big 12 basketball has been every bit as dominant as SEC football.

• Agree
Reactions: fcclone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I’m only saying the BT West is drastically different than the Big 12. The East is good.

But I don’t think ISUs fortunes would be much different even if they were in the west this year. I’d expect some 6-3 games.