***NCAA Championships (March 18-20)***

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think there will be more than normal amount of upsets. Maybe not the 1 or 2 seeds, 10-20 seeds are going to be all over the place.

Hard to know where these guys stack up when there were so few matches outside the conferences

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Love the Redding over Desanto hype, but he’s gotta get past Ryan Sullivan first. Sullivan is a pretty tough wrestler and was the 2 seed at big 12s, but got injured in his first match
I thought the same thing. That’s a tough first round draw with Sullivan still ranked pretty high.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I thought the same thing. That’s a tough first round draw with Sullivan still ranked pretty high.
The one thing I am not sure on is how healthy Sullivan is. Looked like he pulled a hamstring against Skudlardzyk at big 12s and he couldn’t walk at all on it. Skudlardzyk was also tied with Sullivan or beating him when that happened, and Redding tore Skudlardzyk up so maybe Sullivan is a little overhyped. Regardless, excited to see how the match plays out

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
The one thing I am not sure on is how healthy Sullivan is. Looked like he pulled a hamstring against Skudlardzyk at big 12s and he couldn’t walk at all on it. Skudlardzyk was also tied with Sullivan or beating him when that happened, and Redding tore Skudlardzyk up so maybe Sullivan is a little overhyped. Regardless, excited to see how the match plays out
I wonder why Biscoglia didn’t wrestle?

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Thoughts on the toughest overall weight? Heavyweight, for example, has some monsters, but can any more than 2 guys realistically win (barring injury)? I don’t think so.

133, 157, 165 and 197 look to have options.
141 is a dogfight and definitely the weight I'm looking forward to most.

Eierman - Can he hold everyone off again like in B1G's? Obvious favorite
Lee - Personally my pick to get revenge in the finals. He will need to wrestle his first final in the semi's though
Seabass - Chip on his shoulder, feels overlooked after B1G's, really nothing to lose making him scary
Tariq Wilson - Undefeated, dangerous from feet, not many quality matches though
Demas - Dangerous, will hold anyone to low scoring matches where take down moves on........or feet to back quickly
Hart - Don't like him, but can snake anyone
Parker - Don't need to elaborate
Red - Don't think he contends, but can certainly have upset potential

Real Woods IS THE ******* 21 SEED!! Even though I think he is all hype this year and completely out of shape, if he can train insanely hard these 2 weeks he could show up a different person. I certainly wouldn't want him 1st/2nd round. I'm glad Demas gets to take a look at him 2nd round given they both win.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
141 is a dogfight and definitely the weight I'm looking forward to most.

Eierman - Can he hold everyone off again like in B1G's? Obvious favorite
Lee - Personally my pick to get revenge in the finals. He will need to wrestle his first final in the semi's though
Seabass - Chip on his shoulder, feels overlooked after B1G's, really nothing to lose making him scary
Tariq Wilson - Undefeated, dangerous from feet, not many quality matches though
Demas - Dangerous, will hold anyone to low scoring matches where take down moves on........or feet to back quickly
Hart - Don't like him, but can snake anyone
Parker - Don't need to elaborate
Red - Don't think he contends, but can certainly have upset potential

Real Woods IS THE ******* 21 SEED!! Even though I think he is all hype this year and completely out of shape, if he can train insanely hard these 2 weeks he could show up a different person. I certainly wouldn't want him 1st/2nd round. I'm glad Demas gets to take a look at him 2nd round given they both win.

I thought 141 looked interesting also. 197 and 165 are the weights that really stick out to me though.

At 165: Wittlake as the 10 seed? The 8 could have easily been the 2, but lost to Valencia H2H. The bottom half that bracket is tough. Also...Marinelli’s path is pretty brutal as well, with former National Champ Mekhi Lewis the 4 seed.

197: I think everyone is in agreement that 197 is deep. You bring up Real Woods as the 21 seed at 141. I saw some chatter about a potential Coleman/Warner matchup in the 2nd round. Well...Nick Reenan is the 28 seed (Warner’s 1st round opponent) at 197! Not your typical 28 seed.

Last edited: