Idea: New Rep System

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think negative rep would work if it wasn't anonymous.

When it was totally anonymous, people would just neg rep for fun and it didn't really fullfill its purpose. When you have to put your name by it, people will think more about giving negative rep.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm more curious to see the amount of rep that people have given out. I want to know who the stingy bastards are.

Reactions: ianoconnor

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Why do people care about rep so much? Are there really people on this site who look at that bar and go, "Oooo...he must really know what he's talking about!"?

I basically just like it as a way to let people know you liked what they posted and occasionally feed my ego with a little validation for myself.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Why do people care about rep so much? Are there really people on this site who look at that bar and go, "Oooo...he must really know what he's talking about!"?

I basically just like it as a way to let people know you liked what they posted and occasionally feed my ego with a little validation for myself.

That's how I see it, too. Everyone's rep bar fills up so quickly that you really just have to base it off of what they post.

It's fun to see someone go from one dot to full in the click of a mouse. I can admit that I enjoy seeing that. Otherwise, the dots don't matter.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado

This is what people are after. A way to show it off a little more to feed that ego even more. Not a bad thing, just reality.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic-wJODT9Ew&feature=related[/ame]

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
We could even develop a rep-posts ratio and keep some serious stats!:yes:

Ha, but seriously, it would be nice just to simplify it, like a simple up-down vote like some people suggested. It was just my random thought for the day.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron