***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
If he's not a grad transfer, Omaha can restrict schools and id imagine that'd be one of them.

Why would UNO restrict a kid from going to Creighton?

Judging by the release from his coach, he appears to be leaving the program on good terms.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Why would UNO restrict a kid from going to Creighton?

Judging by the release from his coach, he appears to be leaving the program on good terms.

They probably don't want to be looked at as a D-League team for local players.

Also, if they play each other frequently, it's pretty common for teams to restrict players from transferring to teams on their schedule.

cbclone16

Dec 9, 2016
Why would Bo Ryan restrict Iowa State and a bunch of other schools? Usually they do it if they believe there is tampering

If UNO is worried about Creighton "tampering" with any talented player they have, well, they are going to be worried a lot. It could basically be their own little pipeline.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If UNO is worried about Creighton "tampering" with any talented player they have, well, they are going to be worried a lot. It could basically be their own little pipeline.

And that's why it's totally fair for them to restrict transfers to Creighton. Thurman will have plenty of great college options other than Creighton.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonefam

cbclone16

Dec 9, 2016
And that's why it's totally fair for them to restrict transfers to Creighton. Thurman will have plenty of great college options other than Creighton.

I'm just not sure it's good practice to stop someone from going across town to a better program. Just my opinion. Maybe he isn't even thinking about them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cydkar

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Why would Bo Ryan restrict Iowa State and a bunch of other schools? Usually they do it if they believe there is tampering

Well Bo Ryan came off looking like a horses ass with that situation. I didnt look to see if Creighton and UNO are scheduled to play next year but if they are not, I dont see a reason why they would be on the restricted list.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm just not sure it's good practice to stop someone from going across town to a better program. Just my opinion. Maybe he isn't even thinking about them.

I don't know that it will be a big deal but there isn't a lot of love between Creighton and UNO, seems like they don't want to do much to help raise the profile of the UNO program. At this point it looks one sided but this would be a chance to pay Creighton back for not scheduling them.

http://www.omaha.com/uno/mens-baske...cle_6f8c931c-531a-5008-8ab3-c8626540b563.html

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
They probably don't want to be looked at as a D-League team for local players.

Also, if they play each other frequently, it's pretty common for teams to restrict players from transferring to teams on their schedule.

Honestly a program like Omaha could use that to their benefit.

You can tell kids "Hey, I think you're a high major recruit that is just under the radar. If you come here I will help you graduate and transfer to a high major program in year 4".

3 years of a kid who is high major transfer material is better than none.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well Bo Ryan came off looking like a horses ass with that situation. I didnt look to see if Creighton and UNO are scheduled to play next year but if they are not, I dont see a reason why they would be on the restricted list.

Bo Ryan put in all those restrictions because he's an @ss.
There's some common ground. We can all agree that Bo Ryan's an @ss.

• Agree
Reactions: YeahBuddy

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Peter Kiss

6-5 guard. 13.3 ppg 5.6 rpg 2.8 apg

Sit 1 play 3.
Did anybody else see this and have their mind subliminally see the cat man?
peter-criss-o.gif

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

6-6 guard. 9.6 ppg 2.5 rpg. 37% carrer 3pt shooter. ISU can do better but sucks for Drakes new coach to lose his 3rd best player.