***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
The guy that could solve all of our problems is the Okie State power forward that just entered the portal. Too lazy to look up his name right now but he’s all around solid and gives us a full roster where we can then focus on our 7-9 guys.
Eric Dailey Jr. 6’8” Point-forward that played some small ball 5 for Ok St

He would improve our offense. As would Milan taking a step forward and using his tremendous skill to get good shots, rather than using it to make some tough shots

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Eric Dailey Jr. 6’8” Point-forward that played some small ball 5 for Ok St

He would improve our offense. As would Milan taking a step forward and using his tremendous skill to get good shots, rather than using it to make some tough shots
Having a top six of Lipsey, Gilbert, Jones, Momcilovic, Jackson, and Dailey is absolutely insane. If Rock and Omaha are ready for decent minutes then this would be so sexy.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It's too bad. I liked recruiting HS guys and watching them develop. But it's literally a different ballgame now, and Big 12 teams will all want 8 to 10 starter caliber guys going forward.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Doesn't the roster get older by keeping the freshman? Guys like Fish and Hamilton leave as you bring in guys you hope fit in, but might be like Omaha this year? I don't get it and I don't like it.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Not having to sit a year now after transferring combined with NIL created absolute free agency. The elite players at the lower levels want a pay day and they want a chance to play on the biggest stage.

Reactions: rosshm16

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Is there list of the portal guys TJ has contacted thus far?

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Two guys I got to watch some this year that caught my eye today in the portal --
Danny Wolf, Yale's 5. The Ivy doesn't allow them to take their (5th) COVID year so there have been a lot of good players going somewhere for a year in a bigger leage. REALLY skilled player - handles the ball, passes, shoots well, creates off the dribble and has an array of post moves. And he's 7 ft.

Gavin Griffiths - 6'8" freshman shooter from Rutgers. Very highly recruited. He looks kind of goofy - the goggles don't help - but he is a shooter that is springy. Runs the court well and can handle it on the break some. I think he went through a bit of a confidence thing and he sometimes didn't have Rutgers' ISU-like phsyical defense down 100% but, man, he has talent. He's a Connecticut kid with 3 years left so the Midwest may not even be a consideration but dude's got game.

Last edited:

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Minnesota’s Pharrel Payne
Colorado’s JVonne Hadley
Geo Mason’s Keyshon Hall
SDSU’s William Kyle

Anybody else so far?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Watson will get minutes next year. I hope he doesn’t leave. Omaha needs to look at his future. Can other coaches develop him better than TJ and Green? He’ll have the opportunity to get minutes in the Big12 if he develops. If he doesn’t, it doesn’t matter where he goes.

He needs to develop and if he does, he has a clear path to lots of PT here

But we’re not great fit.

I had thought his athleticism in combination with our priority on elite defense would mean it’s an ideal fit, than a place that values offensive skill

I was dead wrong. We value defense execution, and he doesn’t have the instinct. On offense, he’s limited in half court, and would benefit from a more pace and space where he can just use his raw athleticism

He’d see the court faster, and thus develop, somewhere that doesn’t demand execution on team defense at an elite level, and hides his limitations on offense better

Honestly, a Creighton type

• Disagree
Reactions: Aclone

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Not surprised at all by any of these developments with the exception of Fish.

Pav was in over his head athletically. Unsure on Hamilton, but it was going to be a battle for minutes with Jones, Gilbert, Lipsey going to get nearly all the backcourt minutes. Throw Pierce and Nojus into the mix and there is not a ton of opportunity in the backcourt.

Optimistically, Fish leaving suggests that TJ has been honest with him about portal targets. Would not be surprised to see us pull a new starting 4 man to go along side Jackson.

Omaha is a huge question mark right now.