*** Official #25 Washington State vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
I'm feeling really good about this game. Washington State is not that dynamic on the perimeter and they don't have the size to contend with the Iowa State bigs. I think it's a good matchup for the Clones, better than the Drake matchup would have been. Isaac Jones is their one big matchup advantage but I'd favor Iowa State everywhere else.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm feeling really good about this game. Washington State is not that dynamic on the perimeter and they don't have the size to contend with the Iowa State bigs. I think it's a good matchup for the Clones, better than the Drake matchup would have been. Isaac Jones is their one big matchup advantage but I'd favor Iowa State everywhere else.
They have the size but I'm not sure they're athletic enough to hang, especially if we run them a lot.

Reactions: aauummm

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.

Pretty sure on average, Wazzu is like the 2nd tallest team in the tournament. Maybe someone who can spy the kenpom stat can confirm.

Joseph Hathaway

Jan 21, 2024
Aren’t they like the second tallest team in the country?

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
For all the talk about Wazzu's length, Drake didn't look like they had much size and they had to really crap the bed down the stretch to blow that game.
For sure. Height is one thing, and maybe the size that NYCBFan was talking about was our probable advantage when it comes to how our big guys get after it. Wazzu has a slower pace than we do. And they also turn the ball over more.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
For sure. Height is one thing, and maybe the size that NYCBFan was talking about was our probable advantage when it comes to how our big guys get after it. Wazzu has a slower pace than we do. And they also turn the ball over more.
While watching their game Thursday, I didn't think WSU or Drake looked any better than South Dakota State. So if we show up and play our game, we should be fine.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Everyone is mentioning that Wazzu beat Arizona twice. But I watched highlights of their Pac-12 losses to poor Arizona State and Washington squads and their loss to CU in the conference tournament. They are long but not quick. They repeatedly got burned by ball screens at the top of the key leading to drives to the hoop. If you get in the lane they will leave their man to help leaving the kickout 3 wide open. Did not look like a top 25 defense to me. Offensively, they do want to grind the game down. They appeared to have decent shooting in those losses even though the numbers say they don't make a lot of three pointers. They go hard after offensive rebounds. Watching the highlights, they reminded me of Cincy this year, who ISU beat in the only matchup in Hilton by 9. Should be a good game, first to 60 wins it.

Reactions: Acer88 and rosshm16