Idea: ***Official can we get mafia it's own forum****

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Thanks for your input guys. I'm actually researching this type of thing right now. Hope to have come up with some sort of a conclusion this week or next. As always, I appreciate the feedback.

Don't work too hard on it. I don't necessarily like the mafia threads always being there, but there are only a few, so I just skip over them. I'm more annoyed by flurries of new threads in the betting forum, but they drift off the main page in a few minutes anyway. So, neither of these are big deals.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Don't work too hard on it. I don't necessarily like the mafia threads always being there, but there are only a few, so I just skip over them. I'm more annoyed by flurries of new threads in the betting forum, but they drift off the main page in a few minutes anyway. So, neither of these are big deals.

I'd like to get to a point where the user can control if it shows up or not...That way everybody is happy.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
You mean the Betting Board:

Betting Board - CycloneFanatic

Just like the Gaming & Groups forum it already exists. It all comes down to if it is possible to opt-in/out of individual forums to keep them from showing on the "main board". Don't know if it's possible with the forum software.

It is possible, tons of other VB boards do this. I don't understand why we can't just expand the opt in filters like instate and politics to gaming and betting boards.

I think the default setting for the gaming board should be on though so we can at least get new blood into mafia. Then if they decide they don't want it they can turn it off. Think of the page views mafia brings to the site.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I have no issues with the mafia players but I'm tired of pre-mafia, mafia, post-mafia and mafia lounge threads on the main board. Is it that hard to get them their own forum? We do it for rivals, why not this?

Once again, don't bag on me mafia people, just tired of seeing the same threads week in and week out.

Yes, I do not play or even know what it is. Also, I know it's been discussed before but seems to be getting more and more.

Let the rips begin!

funny-gifs-freddys-gonna-fred.gif

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
Also, how about a new forum called "the clones21 and UNIguyforcy lounge" where only those two are forced to opt in, that's the only place that they can post, and it's hidden so no one else ever needs to even know it exists?

Would remove a lot of clutter and idiotic/embarrassing ramblings from the main forums