****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Why is everyone forgetting about Jacoby Long?? Top 100 player that actually plays defense! I hope he gets his chance to shine!(and he hasn't left so thats a good sign!) Go Jacoby!!!
I think his best attribute is his potential on offense, but we'll have several ahead of him and the fact we're going after Edwards is interesting.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think his best attribute is his potential on offense, but we'll have several ahead of him and the fact we're going after Edwards is interesting.

Actually I believe Long best attribute was his defense next year. His body as freshman was almost ready for Big 12 action last year and should be ready next year. If Jacobly can be consistent from 3 and be come a Babb type he'll get minutes. I wouldn't count on him scoring on offense next year but grow into a producer as Jr and Sr.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I'm not sure we can say any of that just yet, other than in pure speculation. No doubt that Jackson and Weiler-Babb have a leg up on him, and probably Wigginton, but I'm not sure who else would be ahead of him?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I'm not sure we can say any of that just yet, other than in pure speculation. No doubt that Jackson and Weiler-Babb have a leg up on him, and probably Wigginton, but I'm not sure who else would be ahead of him?
Of course. We can't say much about next year other than speculation!

He looked a bit slow footed to be a great defender right away. On offense he looked like he could be a mismatch at his size and handle though. He got noticed for his scoring, like when his team played Monk's

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Of course. We can't say much about next year other than speculation!

He looked a bit slow footed to be a great defender right away. On offense he looked like he could be a mismatch at his size and handle though. He got noticed for his scoring, like when his team played Monk's

Yeah. I do wish we had found more time in the early season to insert him into the lineup with some starters to see what he could do (garbage time never makes anyone look good), but it's hard to argue with the results of Coach Prohm's approach with the way it all came together.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I thought for sure he'd transfer out. He must think he has a chance for playing time and that's all you can ask for. Hopefully Prohm sees something we dont.
We only return three guys that played at all. I'm sure he sees an opportunity ahead competing against freshmen

goclones69

Aug 5, 2012
I sure hope Jakolby improves immensely because hes got a lot of work to put in if he wants to make an impact next year. One of the ugliest looking jump shots I have ever seen. I guess if the ball goes through the hoop that's all that matters

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I sure hope Jakolby improves immensely because hes got a lot of work to put in if he wants to make an impact next year. One of the ugliest looking jump shots I have ever seen. I guess if the ball goes through the hoop that's all that matters
There was an awful lot of talk from the studio guys during the tournament about how ugly, but effective, Lonzo Ball's jumper is. Based upon this, I predict Jakolby Long is the next Lonzo Ball.

Reactions: isu83

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Yes,
I thought for sure he'd transfer out. He must think he has a chance for playing time and that's all you can ask for. Hopefully Prohm sees something we dont.

Let's go with what the guy that actually knows what he is doing and makes $2 million a year doing it!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

Is your observation based purely on his unorthodox shooting form?

He didn't play enough for anyone to learn much about him, IMO.

goclones69

Aug 5, 2012
Is your observation based purely on his unorthodox shooting form?

He didn't play enough for anyone to learn much about him, IMO.

I watched him play a decent amount in the Cap City league as well, and I was there for the game when he shot 1-10 from three point land. His shot is so flat just makes me wonder how effective of a shooter he can be. I'm cheering for him all the way, just my observation

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Haven't heard much on Raynere Thornton lately with the staff seeming to be locked in on Juiston. I noticed Thornton has been retweeting a lot of K State stuff lately. Although I'd call Thornton more of a point forward and Juiston more of a true post player, Thornton is a good back up plan if they can't land Juiston imo.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Haven't heard much on Raynere Thornton lately with the staff seeming to be locked in on Juiston. I noticed he has been retweeting a lot of K State stuff lately. Although I'd call Thornton more of a point forward and Juiston more of a true post player, Thornton is a good back up plan if they can't land Juiston imo.
It's hard to know with jucos, but he is an interesting prospect. He could create a mismatch at times. It's fun to make fun of Weber but he's a good evaluator imo. If we don't have room for him I'd love to see him stay out of the Big 12.

Another guy is Davenport. I'm guessing they see Lard as being okay for that role.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron