****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
with each passing day that goes by without a commitment, I am getting nervous. Hopefully we can get at least one by the end of this week and hopefully 2. Juiston and Brown would be fantastic.
I don't think a lot of transfers and spring JUCOs have committed yet. So its not like we have lost out on any guys yet. Biggest loss is Egor not visiting.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Since there are a bajillion threads going on i'll post this here too....

2pac Above The Rim ‼️‏ @TheTrill_Shakur Apr 16
Just had a nice talk with @hbarnes
1f64f-1f3fd.png
2705.png

not sure what to think of it... maybe talking about Ames in general?

Reactions: isutrevman

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I don't think a lot of transfers and spring JUCOs have committed yet. So its not like we have lost out on any guys yet. Biggest loss is Egor not visiting.

I know it really doesn't matter now, but just humor me....who thinks Egor picks OU and who thinks he picks Florida? Obvious pick is OU with the second Kruger visit and former Rice staffer at OU now. However Florida could have knocked his socks off and sees more playing time.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
There was a general panic about this two days ago. Barnes is a local guy, ISU fan and friendly with the program. Nothing but a positive.
Right, I wouldn't look at it any other way!
Exactly. It's not like Roy Williams was having Harrison call Juiston to poach him. There was a reason the call happened during his visit to Ames. I only saw it is a plus for us, espcially the fact that he thought it was cool enough to tweet about it (twice!)

cychase_

Mar 27, 2017
Ames
Exactly. It's not like Roy Williams was having Harrison call Juiston to poach him. There was a reason the call happened during his visit to Ames. I only saw it is a plus for us, espcially the fact that he thought it was cool enough to tweet about it (twice!)
I found it funny that he forgot to tag Barnes in the first and then tweeted about it again and just kept the other as well :D

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Glad to see we are having North Carolina players reach out to help ISU recruit. haha
If we asked Harrison to do anything I bet it was Prohm who asked him to. It seems in the past year Prohm realized the basketball family that ISU has as far as alumni go. Now, I know Harrison didn't go to ISU, but he was a top prospect who had ISU in his top 5 solely out of respect. His mother and father were both associated with ISU, so I don't think there is anything but good things to say about ISU and Ames. I like the phone call, whether it was asked for by our staff or not, I don't think that could hurt at all.

Last edited:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Chandler is from Omaha, he didn't get a ton of attention but I've seen him a couple of times in person and came away impressed. Pretty sure other than this MVC offers were all he had. He's probably a bit too much of a project for us but he'll be a solid player in 2 or 3 years for someone, he would have been at New Mexico.

They had to fire Neal but that job has turned in to a total rebuild.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
What is going on at New Mexico? I haven't been paying too much attention.

Bad couple of years lead to the writing on the wall Craig Neal going into a dead man walking year especially with the loss of Elijah Brown. Once Brown announced a couple other of their top guys saw the writing on the wall with a likely bad year coming and transferred out. The rash of defections lead to a late firing of Neal. At that point most the best coaches were already off the board and a couple actually declined the job. They ended up "settling" for the NM st coach who may work out but unknown. Now all the recruits are looking at options.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Chandler is from Omaha, he didn't get a ton of attention but I've seen him a couple of times in person and came away impressed. Pretty sure other than this MVC offers were all he had. He's probably a bit too much of a project for us but he'll be a solid player in 2 or 3 years for someone, he would have been at New Mexico.

They had to fire Neal but that job has turned in to a total rebuild.
I saw him once, too. He's probably a little too slow and heavy-footed to play much at a Top 25 program, but he has some good size and strength. The Huskers should take another look at him since they have some openings, and probably won't have the same options as the Cyclones.