*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Almost winning a half :jimlad:, at least I'm saving money by not buying ESPN+. You notice how the #### poor teams are not on ESPN or commercial tv. Looks like we'll have a few years before we are.
I am also SAVING $$.$$ by not buying espnplus....I could only stand to listen to this game for a little while....Way too depressing as I get flashbacks to the Ken Trickey & FBI guy Lynn Nance era's!

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Even IF we fire Prohm (God I hope so), what coach would willingly come here to coach this rock-bottom program?
You have a Point ...It TOOK DOUBLING JOHNNY ORR'S SALARY AT MICHIGAN to get Johnny to come to ISU.

Jamie will get another Ohio Valley or other Mid Level coach at a cheap price and this program will just be another one of our second division teams in conference play. btw it took Johnny Orr four seasons to get to a 16 win and 13 win season.

Be Patient its going to take a while to get back in the top half of this conference unless half of the coaches move on to more lucrative jobs!

Reactions: Darius Bieber

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Here's some fun numbers. Thought i would see how our freshman compared in points scored against some other notable ISU players in their freshman year. Seeing as Xavier Foster was hurt, i will add in conditts point total to help our guys out. Through the 23 game season thus far, dubar, blackwell, foster, walker, and conditt have combined for 202 points.

Melvin Ejim: 254 points
Wigginton: 366 points

Please forgive any math errors. I did a bunch of it in my head and its early.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Dude shut down his social media in 2016 because he couldn't take the heat from....umm....Iowans? Also said he was "beat up" by Murray State fans too?

Maybe he's a nice guy. Maybe he's an arrogant ass

But he never once seemed like a leader.

Where did he say the thing about social media at Murray?

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
On another note, since Delaware State won today, we are now only one of two teams nationwide to not win a conference game this season (the Portland pilots are the other)
third worst win % (throw out Chicago St (0-9) since they shut down Dec 20). Only Idaho (1-20) and S. Carolina St (1-17) are worse.

• Wow
Reactions: dirtyninety

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Combine that with poor shooters with no concept of a high % shot and an offense that doesn't put 2-3 players in position to get offensive rebounds and its no wonder we didn't win a Big 12 game this season and are 18-54 in the Big 12 the last 4 years. Additionally, we are 5-38 in road games over the last 4 years. With all 5 road wins coming in 2018/19 season.
Agree with everything you posted but he has only won 4 road games not 5. They were 4-5 on the road that year.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
All those sound like the kind of teams you pay to come lose to you at the beginning of the season.

We did pay Chicago State to come and lose to us back in December, but before they got here they cancelled their season. I'm reasonably confident that would have been our 3rd win of the season, but at least this year it could have been another Florida A & M type of situation...

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
I know that mbb doesn’t have very many highlights from their games but has anyone else noticed lately that iowa state athletics hasn’t been posting game highlight results lately for mbb but does for the other sports.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I know that mbb doesn’t have very many highlights from their games but has anyone else noticed lately that iowa state athletics hasn’t been posting game highlight results lately for mbb but does for the other sports.
The Twitter account for MBB no longer tweets them out either. Likely due to negative comments left on the videos as well as there is literally no point in doing the work of cutting up game footage of horrible basketball to show to fans that don’t care.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
The Twitter account for MBB no longer tweets them out either. Likely due to negative comments left on the videos as well as there is literally no point in doing the work of cutting up game footage of horrible basketball to show to fans that don’t care.
It's a "We lost by 30 but look at this sweet banged in 2 footer" kind of feel. Nobody wants to see our Big XII team provide high school level highlights.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Did anyone else find it interesting in the Hines' article when he mentioned that Pollard hadn't been at basketball games this year
Isn't Jamie part of the NCAA committee for the tourney? I imagine that will be a huge time suck the next couple weeks....as he layers on what's needed for figuring out the Prohm situation.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Isn't Jamie part of the NCAA committee for the tourney? I imagine that will be a huge time suck the next couple weeks....as he layers on what's needed for figuring out the Prohm situation.

The committee’s main job is done in a week on Selection Sunday