Official ISU vs Toledo Autopsy Thread (Post-Game)

JHutch

Mar 19, 2006
i dont know if we will win but we will go down to the wire with nebraska...this team has so much potential...they just have to put it all together

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Why are mods so scared about the special team comments?l

Three threads have been closed immediately,
Special teams totally lost the whole game.
Thought this website had more freedom than shown tonight. Guess not.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I already have moved on. I just can't stand wading through 50 different threads cursing out anything and everything that is Iowa State Football looking for someone that's rational. Anyone that thought that we'd win more than 3-4 games total this season just because we beat Iowa is an idiot.

Before we beat Iowa, everyone was saying that the OOC game that would be the most difficult win would be at Toledo. Now everyone was calling it a "lock."

Toledo is TERRIBLE. Kansas absolutely destroyed them. We pushed a team that leads ON THE ROAD against the #8 team in the country with the longest win streak in the country. There is no good reason for this other than our team cares WAY more about Iowa and can play at another level but choose not to against other teams.

BugDoc

Feb 6, 2007
Corvallis, OR
i dont know if we will win but we will go down to the wire with nebraska...this team has so much potential...they just have to put it all together

I love ISU and everything that is Cyclone Athletics, but losses like this shave years off of my life. At this rate I will be lucky to see 40.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
oh thank god... someone at abc/espn/disney pulled their head out of their "rear" and switched the abc coverage to the iowa/wisco game. Wisco is threatening as I type this, by running the football down Iowa's throat... Of course all of you already know this as this game has been on the whole time in the midwest.

The little 11 just isn't looking so good this year... Then again, neither is the big XII...

here comes another classic iowa goal line stand...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Re: Why are mods so scared about the special team comments?l

Three threads have been closed immediately,
Special teams totally lost the whole game.
Thought this website had more freedom than shown tonight. Guess not.

Threads are not being closed - they are being merged into this one - the post-game thread.

Same as any other post-game activity.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I doubt we will see many people being critical of coaches, besides special teams. We are a lot better team tonight than we were 3 weeks ago. Just hurts to lose a game in such a fluke fashion. If we played the last 5 minutes over 20 times, we'd win this game atleast 18 of the times. With the way the Big 12 looks, I still love our chances to get some wins. Just sucks at 1-3, we have a tough road ahead to go bowling, where at 2-2 we'd be in decent shape.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
With the way the Big 12 looks, I still love our chances to get some wins. Just sucks at 1-3, we have a tough road ahead to go bowling, where at 2-2 we'd be in decent shape.

You, my friend, are in a fantasy land. The only way we go bowling is if at least 7 of our games are against iowa. Didn't you see Kansas lay the wood on toledo?

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
My opinion on this game:

Forget practicing for Nebraska this week. Spend the next 7 days tackling, snapping, covering kickoffs, punting, covering punts, blocking schemes on field goals, etc.

If you can't do these things, you have no chance to win football games. After this disaster, I would HOPE that we see very few special teams mistakes the rest of the year.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
People are going to vent after a loss like this and that is completely understandable IMO...it's not the end of the world or season, but it's a devastating loss, and I am glad to see that most of the people venting about the loss are not being stupid and calling for Chizik's head after 4 games...the fact is we are 1-3 and we have 8 games left...if someone told me before the season started that we would start 0-2, I sure as hell wouldn't think we would stand a chance against Iowa, but we beat the Hawks...and if you think the Hawks are our "superbowl" you haven't spent a second with or around any of our coaches or players...we have 8 games left and hopefully we can surprise some people, and maybe even ourselves in those 8 games...that being said-tonight was a very demoralizing loss.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
My opinion on this game:

Forget practicing for Nebraska this week. Spend the next 7 days tackling, snapping, covering kickoffs, punting, covering punts, blocking schemes on field goals, etc.

If you can't do these things, you have no chance to win football games. After this disaster, I would HOPE that we see very few special teams mistakes the rest of the year.

Honestly this is the best thoughts of the day. We need pure fundamentals. Everything else is gravy.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Do you seriously still call them that after this game? Talk about the pot/kettle analogy.

Sorry its a habit.....but yes that would definitely be the pot calling out the kettle......

Honestly though, our team didnt choke, our punt team and field goal teams let us down, but, the rest of the team played very well. I only wish our d could have held them a time or two more to a field goal.....but the playcalling on our last drive, what the hell........draw , draw, draw......go for the juggler........whats to lose, show the balls to call out a player like blythe and say, go win the frickin game for us........oh no, we want to be conservative crap, draws and draw plays thinking were foolin someone inside the 25.....news flash - its not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
People are going to vent after a loss like this and that is completely understandable IMO...it's not the end of the world or season, but it's a devastating loss, and I am glad to see that most of the people venting about the loss are not being stupid and calling for Chizik's head after 4 games...the fact is we are 1-3 and we have 8 games left...if someone told me before the season started that we would start 0-2, I sure as hell wouldn't think we would stand a chance against Iowa, but we beat the Hawks...and if you think the Hawks are our "superbowl" you haven't spent a second with or around any of our coaches or players...we have 8 games left and hopefully we can surprise some people, and maybe even ourselves in those 8 games...that being said-tonight was a very demoralizing loss.

I now, unfortunately need proof that iowa is not our player's superbowl. Proof would be coming out against Nebraska, oklahoma, or texas like we did against iowa. I just don't see it.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
You, my friend, are in a fantasy land. The only way we go bowling is if at least 7 of our games are against iowa. Didn't you see Kansas lay the wood on toledo?

lol, I understand we aren't going bowling now. However, if we were sitting 2-2 right now I think it would be a possibility. Nobody besides OU and MAYBE Texas impress me on our schedule. Nebraska, Texas Tech, and Missouri refuse to play defense. Kansas and K-State are unknowns. I'll be shocked if we don't win atleast 2-3 conference games if we keep gettin better.

I feel a lot better about our team as a whole right now than I did 9 days ago.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
There is no good reason for this other than our team cares WAY more about Iowa and can play at another level but choose not to against other teams.

And this was our first road game. We had a meltdown on special teams, not that it wasn't hard to imagine with how they've played before this game. Hell, we play Toledo at home like we played at their house today, we probably would have won.