*Official signees stats thread*

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Also think that Wigginton having such a great season at Oak Hill is going to elevate his rating even more by the end of the season. Could see him with an outside shot at getting into post season all star games. He is killing it on a loaded team.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Except that Jackson has been pretty bad so far. So if he is starting next year it either means he has improved greatly or the other options are worse.

I wouldn't say bad. He's had some quiet games, and a couple of great games, and his defense is always pretty good. I don't recall him having a "bad" game. His wrist is also not 100%.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I wouldn't say bad. He's had some quiet games, and a couple of great games, and his defense is always pretty good. I don't recall him having a "bad" game. His wrist is also not 100%.

His PER is 7.7. He is shooting 35% from the field. Only about 1 assist a game. He has done a good job playing hard on defense I will give you that but he has provided little in terms of production. He has had a good game against one decent team, Miami.

In the 5 games against teams with a pulse ( I included Indiana State) he is averaging 2 points, .2 assists. .2 steals, and 1 rb in 13 minutes of action per game. 27% from 3 and 26% overall.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
He hasn't been bad. But he hasn't been good either. He has a long ways to go before he is a big 12 starting point guard.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think Jackson will learn a lot this year and be pretty solid next year, however I'm not sure I view him as a PG. He seems like a good back up combo guard/off guard.

Hopefully Wigginton will be our primary ball handler next year. If he's the real deal, he can probably fill that role.

• Agree
Reactions: swarthmoreCY

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Jackson has been ok. He is still trying to figure out his role this year. We have guys with more experience playing worse than him. The whole team needs to figure some stuff out and everybody needs to start playing better.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Oak Hill defeated Capitol Christian last night.

@OHACoachSmith: 86-56 win. Wigginton had 18, Preston 12 and 13 rebs, Coleman 11 and 7 assists, Shuler 10 and 7 assists, McCormack 9 and 12 rebs, and Hemmings 8.

As many of you already know, Oak Hill squares off against Sierra Canyon (CA) on Thursday night in the GEICO Showcase. The game will be televised on ESPN2, 8PM central tip. Sierra Canyon has the #1 ranked recruit in the 2018 class, 6'10 PF Marvin Bagley III. PF Cody Riley (UCLA 2017 commit), is ranked #35 on 247 sports and is also a strong inside presence for Sierra Canyon. Their PG is a top 125 guy in the 2017 class, Remy Martin, and is committed to ASU.

http://247sports.com/Player/Marvin-Bagley-76765

http://247sports.com/Player/Cody-Riley-22561

http://247sports.com/player/remy-martin-36579

Last edited:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Any Stats for LArd? Prohm mentioned in his presser yesterday that Lard had been playing in Prep school this semester.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
The guy on twitter who posts Pro Vision Academy stats, @HenrySims17, has not referenced Cameron Lard since November 14th. On the pictures of the stat sheets he's posted, Cameron Lard is not shown past that date. May be focusing on finishing the semester academically before coming to Ames.

Cam Lard 9/13 from the field and finishes with 18 points and 17 rebounds in game played on 11/14.

Cam Lard not listed on any stat sheets beginning on 11/15.

Last edited:
  • Informative

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I think Jackson will learn a lot this year and be pretty solid next year, however I'm not sure I view him as a PG. He seems like a good back up combo guard/off guard.

Hopefully Wigginton will be our primary ball handler next year. If he's the real deal, he can probably fill that role.
Hopefully he can be like Nurse.

Jackson probably isn't the type of pg you want starting in an offense in which the pg does all the handling and setting-up, but on the floor in small-ball sharing the load with 2-3 other capable guards I think he'll be fine. Hopefully he can get more consistent minutes and adjust this year. I look forward to him teaming with Wigginton and NWB. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but in some ways that's a more complete backcourt than now. I also assume we'll get some good contributions from at least one of Long, Lewis, or McNeil. Plus, if the staff has concerns about the backcourt they have a lot to sell to a post-grad.

• Winner
Reactions: Doc

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Lewis had himself a game

@WisMBBYearbook Terrence Lewis (6-6) has scored 14 in a row for Riverside. Electric player. Tigers lead Arrowhead 76-68.

@WisMBBYearbook Iowa State recruit Terrence Lewis (6-6) scored 27 of his 39 points after intermission to help Riverside rally from a 16-point deficit.

@WisMBBYearbook Game MVP Terrence Lewis (6-6) of Milwaukee Riverside finished with 39 points in victory over Arrowhead.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Hopefully he can be like Nurse.

Jackson probably isn't the type of pg you want starting in an offense in which the pg does all the handling and setting-up, but on the floor in small-ball sharing the load with 2-3 other capable guards I think he'll be fine. Hopefully he can get more consistent minutes and adjust this year. I look forward to him teaming with Wigginton and NWB. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but in some ways that's a more complete backcourt than now. I also assume we'll get some good contributions from at least one of Long, Lewis, or McNeil. Plus, if the staff has concerns about the backcourt they have a lot to sell to a post-grad.

Nurse is a fantastic comparison in my opinion, although we'll see how Jackson develops.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Lewis had himself a game

@WisMBBYearbook Terrence Lewis (6-6) has scored 14 in a row for Riverside. Electric player. Tigers lead Arrowhead 76-68.

@WisMBBYearbook Iowa State recruit Terrence Lewis (6-6) scored 27 of his 39 points after intermission to help Riverside rally from a 16-point deficit.

@WisMBBYearbook Game MVP Terrence Lewis (6-6) of Milwaukee Riverside finished with 39 points in victory over Arrowhead.

This kid is putting up big numbers in city with good basketball tradition. TJ has a good eye for talent, so I'm expecting him to be a good player for us.

• Agree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron