*Official signees stats thread*

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
And the son of a coach. A lot to be excited about in our future backcourt.
Agreed! TL is a great get for the future of our program, and I feel like nobody is talking about him anymore because he was the first to verbally commit and then Lindell/Lard/Stokes stories overshadowed his recruitment. I can't wait to get this kid on campus to watch him develop his body and overall game, could be a great player for us in a couple of years.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

TuckerBlayze

May 17, 2009
I'm excited to see all three of the freshmen on the floor together next year. I believe they will compliment each other very well.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I watched the game on TV, a few thoughts:

There's no doubt Lewis has a TON of upside - he's got the size, athleticism, ball handling, and shot to be a big time SG. But I don't think he's a day 1 starter - he's pretty skinny, his D will need a lot of work (not a surprise for a frosh), and he'll have to adjust to bigger players inside.

I have a ton of respect for those who scout full time. Obviously so much more goes into it than seeing one game. Lewis plays for a high school team that lost 3 players before the season started (injuries/transfers etc) so his team is still trying to figure it out.

If I had just seen the first half, Lewis barked at his teammates, was somewhat lazy at both ends, got lost on D, forced shots, and his team was down 18.

In the second half, he drained 3 3's, dunked, took the ball to the basket for reverse layups, made free throws, and made a few 15 ft turnaround/fade aways. He dominated that last 5 minutes of the game.

If Prohm is going to play 3 and 4 guard line ups, Lewis is the perfect player for us. Huge upside, but let's tap the breaks. He'll need a little time.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

There's no doubt Lewis has a TON of upside - he's got the size, athleticism, ball handling, and shot to be a big time SG. But I don't think he's a day 1 starter - he's pretty skinny, his D will need a lot of work (not a surprise for a frosh), and he'll have to adjust to bigger players inside.

I have a ton of respect for those who scout full time. Obviously so much more goes into it than seeing one game. Lewis plays for a high school team that lost 3 players before the season started (injuries/transfers etc) so his team is still trying to figure it out.

If I had just seen the first half, Lewis barked at his teammates, was somewhat lazy at both ends, got lost on D, forced shots, and his team was down 18.

In the second half, he drained 3 3's, dunked, took the ball to the basket for reverse layups, made free throws, and made a few 15 ft turnaround/fade aways. He dominated that last 5 minutes of the game.

If Prohm is going to play 3 and 4 guard line ups, Lewis is the perfect player for us. Huge upside, but let's tap the breaks. He'll need a little time.
I coulda sworn Terrence Lewis was a Wing/Small Forward

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO

No doubt he will have to adjust to the speed of the game and size of high major college basketball players. However, I do recall an article detailing the early signing period that labeled him the best defender among all Big 12 recruits. I would suspect his perimeter defense to be a strength based on that analysis.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Terrence Lewis went off again tonight with 43 points, as packattack mentioned in the previous post.

Before tonight, he was averaging 34.3 points and 12.4 rebounds per game.

We got a good one. He's, IMO, the wildcard to find a spot in the starting lineup next year.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 10

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I'm curious to see if Lewis gets a ratings bump. He's putting up big-time numbers this season.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Haven't heard anything on McNeill in a while. Anyone have the scoop on how he is doing this year?
You'd think with his team being in Houston, it would be easy to find stats for him. I can't find anything at all. I've searched for 20 minutes and came up with nothing. His team is 15-6 and that's about all I could tell you.

Very few tweets about him either. Kinda makes me wonder if he's not having that good of a year. Still really excited about his future here though.

Reactions: cyclone101

Ajg515

Nov 17, 2016
Des Moines
You'd think with his team being in Houston, it would be easy to find stats for him. I can't find anything at all. I've searched for 20 minutes and came up with nothing. His team is 15-6 and that's about all I could tell you.

Very few tweets about him either. Kinda makes me wonder if he's not having that good of a year. Still really excited about his future here though.
I remember there being a story line that his HS coach wanted him to play more at the point and he wanted to polish that aspect of his game. Might be having an adjustment issue or maybe creating for others is muting his scoring lines.

There's also the fact that he and his teammates don't play for an AAU team in any of the big shoe tours, just less press.. that's why he and Gordon/Bieniemy are all considered kind of under the radar/unknown high upside prospects.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz

I didn't look very long but I had the same luck as you, couldn't find anything about him.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I would expect Jackson to start at PG next season. Wigginton could be the 2 guard and then Weiler-Babb on the wing. Those 3 are pretty interchangeable, allowing Lewis to play 10-20mpg on the wing.

No...i'd bet my something that LW starts at PG...D jack just isnt the ball handler i thought he might be..he really struggles going right and with right hand...He's got Ok handles just not Big 12 pg handles IMO..

LW
Djack/Mcneil
Babb/Lewis
Young
Lard/Transfer or Juco PF

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
No...i'd bet my something that LW starts at PG...D jack just isnt the ball handler i thought he might be..he really struggles going right and with right hand...He's got Ok handles just not Big 12 pg handles IMO..

LW
Djack/Mcneil
Babb/Lewis
Young
Lard/Transfer or Juco PF

I realize things have not clicked for Jakolby Long yet (you can just see him overwhelmed / processing too much right now), but I am hopeful they will by the end of the season. If they do, I would not forget about him for next year. He has a B12 body, is supposed to be a solid defender and his 3P shot looks like it is becoming more consistent. If the game slows down for him and he can penetrate next year, he still could be a solid contributor.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I couldn't find any stats for McNeill's high school team (Westfield), but I did find out that they are ranked 12th in the state of Texas in class 6A (big class). TexasHoops.com listed McNeill as the 12th best player in Texas for the class of 2017 at mid season. His teammate, Jase Febres, is listed as the 9th best player. Febres is a SG committed to Texas.

There are some videos on Max Preps, but they are not very good. Same highlights shown from several different angles. Lots of looks at Febres shooting. Looks like a good player. Some highlights of McNeill shooting and distributing. He looks long and quick. They definitely play a high level of basketball.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I realize things have not clicked for Jakolby Long yet (you can just see him overwhelmed / processing too much right now), but I am hopeful they will by the end of the season. If they do, I would not forget about him for next year. He has a B12 body, is supposed to be a solid defender and his 3P shot looks like it is becoming more consistent. If the game slows down for him and he can penetrate next year, he still could be a solid contributor.

I think Long has looked really good in the last couple of games he's been in. I am more sure of him starting next year than I am of any of the freshmen, with the possible exception of Lard, but only because of necessity.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

LW
Djack/Mcneil
Babb/Lewis
Young
Lard/Transfer or Juco PF

Right now I'd say....

LW
Weiler-Babb
Lewis
Young
Lard

That's unless we get a transfer or JUCO that can beat out Lard.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I think Jackson, LW, and Babb start. I think the other two spots depend on how players develop and the style CSP wants to play. It would be great if one of the young posts can develop into a skilled 4.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron