*Official signees stats thread*

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
You think a kid that went shot for shot, and toe to toe with Malik Monk will have trouble finding minutes next season? You're crazy.

Holy smokes, I posted what I think might happen to his career. My opinion, and I'm not totally sold on it, I can just see it happening. Then I get ambushed by people on here telling me I'm crazy. I posted this place is a cesspool the other day, and my god was I right.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUCY23 and CyTwins

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I remember hearing a few things preseason about Long and it was that he works hard, that he does the little things, plays defense, gets the 50/50 balls and is athletic and can score as a slasher. The first part is what makes me think there is a chance he can develop into a player here. Ability plus work ethic and he has a shot. Heard similar things about Young, he is a hard worker, wants to learn etc. But like I said, I don't think we will really know until next year.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I remember hearing a few things preseason about Long and it was that he works hard, that he does the little things, plays defense, gets the 50/50 balls and is athletic and can score as a slasher. The first part is what makes me think there is a chance he can develop into a player here. Ability plus work ethic and he has a shot. Heard similar things about Young, he is a hard worker, wants to learn etc. But like I said, I don't think we will really know until next year.
His dad was also his coach, I like coaches kids.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Alright. I will say one thing on the Jakolby Long situation. There is a reason he was the highest ranked recruit of our previous recruiting class. He had to know coming here that he would be behind numerous senior guards and then some, but he still came anyways. I think Prohm really likes what he brings to the team, as a shooter, in the future. But also knows that he can probably get as much as he would get with Jakolby, and then some, with any of the other guys in front of him because of their experience. Would getting Jakolby minutes pay dividends in the future? Probably, yeah. But as CSP has said before, he is looking to win now doing what he can with the guys he has.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
You do realize that despite the same last name, they're not the same person.

It's a huge sample size.

I haven't said one word about Naz Long. I am talking about Jakolby Long. You haven't provided one bit of evidence he won't develop into a good player. Because there is none. Just like I can't say he will develop into one.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I haven't said one word about Naz Long. I am talking about Jakolby Long. You haven't provided one bit of evidence he won't develop into a good player. Because there is none. Just like I can't say he will develop into one.
Nice try. Trace back the discussion you came in on. The contention you disagreed with was that it is plausible but unlikely J Long will make the same jump that Naz did and the burden of proof is on those betting against the norm.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
You think a kid that went shot for shot, and toe to toe with Malik Monk will have trouble finding minutes next season? You're crazy.

Everyone tends to try to judge these young guys by garbage minutes where everyone is just trying to get shots up, and they're not really running set plays or anything. Playing against this set of guards in practice should help him improve. He won't run into many guards of that caliber next year.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
His dad was also his coach, I like coaches kids.
Generally, but...

john_lickliter_stumpy_sm.jpg

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
@WisconsinPGE: 2017 G Terrence Lewis @lewisterrence98 scores 30 points in a win over Milwaukee North! #PGE #EYBL #TheLeague #CyclONEnation